Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bed bugs in hotels?

Aruba since 1979
    hmmm, there is no word on the street here about bed bugs at that resort.

kittynokrap, no disrepect but i know that your friend is not accurate. just returned my 4th stay this year, and im in contact with folks at the hotel on a regular basis,
    folks who were leaving were opting to relocate to the hyatt for future free nites at the occidental with all inclusive, since they were overbooked!! i'm returning jan 3, before you cancel investigate.

Aruba since 1979

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post
    kittynokrap, no disrepect but i know that your friend is not accurate. just returned my 4th stay this year, and im in contact with folks at the hotel on a regular basis,
    folks who were leaving were opting to relocate to the hyatt for future free nites at the occidental with all inclusive, since they were overbooked!! i'm returning jan 3, before you cancel investigate.

Glad ricky added that bit of info. When we were there in Nov I was eaten alive by mosquitos. If you looked at my legs and nowhere else u could probably deduce I was bitten by bedbugs.....could be how some of the rumors came into being.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Thanks for this post. We are will be booking our trip for May. We alway stay at the Occidental, and was just getting ready to send an e-mail to them about this. This will be our 8th trip, and yes we are going to stay at the Occidental. Thanks again.
    Pat

hey thanks everyone for following up on this- We switched to DIVI AI anyway but not because of bugs, we just decided we wanted to be right on beach. It's good to know there is no chatter of bedbugs.......some people probably do mistake mosquitos for bedbug bites too!!!!

So excited only 25 days to go!!!!!

Wow, thanks everyone for setting me straight. I was so tormented about whether or not to cancel the trip. I contacted my timeshare people and they said they would work with me should there be a problem once I get there. Happy New Year everyone and enjoy your trips to Aruba next year. I know we will.

just returned from 2 week stay at the occidental, what a great time and no talk of any bedbugs, from repeat guest's, workers etc. mrsykester, not sure what you meant by, stay right on the beach. i'm 50 yers old and i can easily throw a football from my room to the water that's pretty close, since my arm is not what it once was!!
    but you have great trip.

just returned from 2 week stay at the occidental, what a great time and no talk of any bedbugs, from repeat guest's, workers etc.
    We are all happy to hear first hand that there are no bugs. Thank you for taking the time to post.

Bed Bugs in Aruba?

Do any one have an information,if there are

Bed Bugs in Aruba?

Will be back soon on the sunny (?)Island

Best regards

Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-10-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: unacceptable reference to a particular state in usa.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast