Aruba Beach

Thread: Been a few years

Been a few years

Hi,
    We are about to book our 3rd trip to Aruba. We prevoiusly stayed at the Hyatt and Westin. The Riu was not built when we stayed at the Westin so the Westin's beach seemed bigger. Has anyone recently stayed at the Westin? If so, I'm curious how much of the beach is now dedicated to the Riu? My concern is the size of the Riu being right next door. We really like the Hyatt but the Westin is about $1,000 cheaper the 2nd week of April.

Your thoughts??

Aruba since 1979
    [B]the westin still has the exact same beach and the same amount of space and palapas and lounges. you will see a big change in the whole palm beach area with lots more people and activity. (i am trying to not use the word congested area)

if it were i, i'd opt for the westin!

make sure that you take a walk thru the riu.
    although many think it is an eyesore or a monstrosity, it really is quite breathtaking. (my opinion)

disclosure........i am a lo rise area person (lacabana owner) to me, the busyness of the palm beach area is not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by dkm619 View Post
    Hi,
    We are about to book our 3rd trip to Aruba. We prevoiusly stayed at the Hyatt and Westin. The Riu was not built when we stayed at the Westin so the Westin's beach seemed bigger. Has anyone recently stayed at the Westin? If so, I'm curious how much of the beach is now dedicated to the Riu? My concern is the size of the Riu being right next door. We really like the Hyatt but the Westin is about $1,000 cheaper the 2nd week of April.

Your thoughts??

Thank you Andrea. What do you know about reserving the palapas or huts? It didn't seem like a big deal when we stayed at the Hyatt. But when we were at the Westin, I was in line every morning at 6:30 to rent one. They told me that you can now reserve them in advance for like $50 / day

Aruba since 1979
    wow
    i have no clue at all about how the palapa situation works for the westin.

hope some others will reply.

Quote Originally Posted by dkm619 View Post
    Thank you Andrea. What do you know about reserving the palapas or huts? It didn't seem like a big deal when we stayed at the Hyatt. But when we were at the Westin, I was in line every morning at 6:30 to rent one. They told me that you can now reserve them in advance for like $50 / day

$35 per day for the palapa according to Westin VS Radisson