Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Best All Inclusive

The thing about the Divi/Tamarijn is that they run frequent sales. This makes it inexpensive enough to go out and enjoy some restaurants off resort. In November we paid close to $400 a night to stay at the Radisson for room only. For our trip this year we booked the Divi AI for $331 per night. My feeling is it's the best of both worlds

I must agree with you Pegmeister!! We have stayed at the Divi 8 times and have always been able to find it at a reduced price. It is affordable enough to go off resort a few times for dinner. If you include the breakfast, lunch, drinks, etc... It, to me, is well worth it.

There is so much privacy on the beach at the Divi and that is where we spend 75% of our time. That Is the main reason we keep going back there.

I don't mind searching for the best rate. I use Trivago and Kayak for my searches. We also do the cyber Monday deal.

I think the Cyber Monday deal is as good as it gets there, great discount. For us, we are possibly moving away the divi/tam. Now that my kids are getting older, they started to charge for them. $75 a day for my 13 yr old, and $50 a day for our 8 yr old. At $ 125 extra a day it starts to add up as we try and stay for 2 weeks. I did notice at times they still offer kids 17 and under for free, this year we booked a house, but I still like to keep my eye on them b/c they send out specials. This upcoming cyber Monday (ya I know, its so far away) we will most likely book something. I love it there.

Aruba since 1979
    i may be wrong, but i do think that divi offered the same savings for "april 15 tax day" the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lipchock View Post
    I think the Cyber Monday deal is as good as it gets there, great discount. For us, we are possibly moving away the divi/tam. Now that my kids are getting older, they started to charge for them. $75 a day for my 13 yr old, and $50 a day for our 8 yr old. At $ 125 extra a day it starts to add up as we try and stay for 2 weeks. I did notice at times they still offer kids 17 and under for free, this year we booked a house, but I still like to keep my eye on them b/c they send out specials. This upcoming cyber Monday (ya I know, its so far away) we will most likely book something. I love it there.

I know they offered it on February 14th, two years ago. Last year they posted something on their Facebook saying to call for a special discount. I'm hoping they offered it again this year on Valentine's Day. I would like to book for May so I'm going to hold off on booking until I find out whether or not they offer it.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Friends are staying at the Riu Antilles with an all-inclusive package (they didn't want their boys - 20 and 22 years old - drinking and being charged by the glass... so the all-inclusive was to prevent any sticker shock upon depature) when we're all down in February (we're staying at a villa).

Not sure when you're going but I'll update based on their feedback... they'll be very honest... after a few Patrons.
    As promised...

They LOVE it. We had dinner at Gostoso's with the entire family and another family they came down with (who also raved). They said the food is great (multiple restaurants on-site) and the Riu serves top-shelf liquor as part of the all-inclusive package. They love the easy access to the beach and the strip. Good gym. They're in the tower that's painted white and said the room is very mordern and chic. I picked them up in the lobby which was very bright, spacious and modern. They're pretty well-travelled so I trust their opinion. They did a package deal with SunWing. About $2800 CDN per person for seven days (including flight).

The impression I got from them was that all-inclusive is definitely worth it for a week when you don't want to lift a finger. The only slight criticism they had was that there aren't enough lounges by the pool (ie you have to get out there early and stake a claim).

Sounds very much like a high-end cruise line.

Thanks for the posting, we will be going to the Riu Antilles in a couple of weeks.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com harrry...from connecticut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryrct View Post
    Thanks for the posting, we will be going to the Riu Antilles in a couple of weeks.

Yes, coastal CT. Plenty of snow and cold weather this Winter. Looking forward to going back to Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    As promised...

They LOVE it. We had dinner at Gostoso's with the entire family and another family they came down with (who also raved). They said the food is great (multiple restaurants on-site) and the Riu serves top-shelf liquor as part of the all-inclusive package. They love the easy access to the beach and the strip. Good gym. They're in the tower that's painted white and said the room is very mordern and chic. I picked them up in the lobby which was very bright, spacious and modern. They're pretty well-travelled so I trust their opinion. They did a package deal with SunWing. About $2800 CDN per person for seven days (including flight).

The impression I got from them was that all-inclusive is definitely worth it for a week when you don't want to lift a finger. The only slight criticism they had was that there aren't enough lounges by the pool (ie you have to get out there early and stake a claim).

Sounds very much like a high-end cruise line.
    We are headed there the first week of May. From the sounds of it, there were in an area that was recently renovated from the hotel switch from Westin to Riu. Do you know if they requested to be in that tower? I have seen pictures of those rooms and they look pretty nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast