Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Best Hotel with 2 Bedroom Suites

Best Hotel with 2 Bedroom Suites

Hi...I am currently looking for a nice hotel that offers 2 bedroom suites. We have been to Aruba many times but usually stay at the Renaissance. This year we will be traveling with our two children (9 & 4 years old) for our 10 year anniversary and would like to find a 2 bedroom suite so our kids can have their own room and we can still relax in a living room or balcony at night. We love the Ren Ocean Suites, but the kids only have the option of sharing a sofa bed in the living room there.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel with 2 bedroom suites, family friendly, large pool(s) and not ridiculously crowded at the beach? FYI....not a fan of the overcrowded Marriott timeshare in the hirise section.

Thanks!!

Aruba since 1979
    Look into.........

TIMESHARES
    Costa Linda
    Divi Phoenix
    Divi Village
    LaCabana E units and AB or BC units
    AMsterdam Manor (unsure if there are 2 bedrooms)
    LaQuinta (unsure if there are 2 bedrooms)

Condos
    Oceania condos

Check redweek.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin113 View Post
    Hi...I am currently looking for a nice hotel that offers 2 bedroom suites. We have been to Aruba many times but usually stay at the Renaissance. This year we will be traveling with our two children (9 & 4 years old) for our 10 year anniversary and would like to find a 2 bedroom suite so our kids can have their own room and we can still relax in a living room or balcony at night. We love the Ren Ocean Suites, but the kids only have the option of sharing a sofa bed in the living room there.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel with 2 bedroom suites, family friendly, large pool(s) and not ridiculously crowded at the beach? FYI....not a fan of the overcrowded Marriott timeshare in the hirise section.

Thanks!!

Amsterdam Manor does have 2 BR suites
    So does Casa del Mar - Presidential suites are 2 BR
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Yes, Amsterdam Manor does have 2 bedroom/2 bath suites. We have stayed in them many times It is a resort though, NOT a timeshare as noted above, which means you do not have to worry about fixed weeks and can book any dates or amount of time you like. Their beach and pool are never crowded (only 72 rooms) but their pool is not very large (most people go to the beach.) We just got home last night after our latest trip and spent a day at the pool and had it all to ourselves for hours.

http://www.amsterdammanor.com/Rooms-...oom-Suite.html
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 01-08-2018 at 05:53 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    Amy..were any of the Amsterdam Manor Units ever sold out as timeshares?
    Yes, i listed Amsterdam Manor under timeshares, MY mistake "Mea Culpa".

But, as I was just thinking about it.....many years ago..1997 or 98......we looked at an Amsterdam Manor unit at the same time we looked at a LaCabana unit. We ended up buying a LaCabana unit. Could you find out if there are or ever were timeshare unts there?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Yes, Amsterdam Manor does have 2 bedroom/2 bath suites. We have stayed in them many times It is a resort though, NOT a timeshare as noted above, which means you do not have to worry about fixed weeks and can book any dates or amount of time you like. Their beach and pool are never crowded (only 72 rooms) but their pool is not very large (most people go to the beach.) We just got home last night after our latest trip and spent a day at the pool and had it all to ourselves for hours.

http://www.amsterdammanor.com/Rooms-...oom-Suite.html

Yes there are 2 bedrooms at the Amsterdam Manor and the resort is lovely....Unfortunately, the proximity to the sewerage treatment facility is a big drawback for me for sure. Sometimes, the stench of the sewage infiltrates the resort. We stayed last February at LaCabana and when I walked to Palm Beach I could smell it and it would prevent me from booking there despite how wonderful the property looks. I NEVER smelled it at LaCabana or walking in the other direction. It was not just in February either, as when we were there this summer it was the same on my walks...I walk from Palm Beach to Eagle often and the smell typically started right around the Blue and lasted till the AM.

Last edited by Aruba4ever; 01-08-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    a few years ago, paul and I met up with tracey and jon at the amsterdam manor beach bar.
    the smell from the sewer treatment plant was diffiucult to deal with.
    we had to depart after just a short period of time. ugh

my experiences in the area; the smell is sporadic. it can go long periods of time without even a hint of odor.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Yes there are 2 bedrooms at the Amsterdam Manor and the resort is lovely.
    Unfortunately, the proximity to the sewerage treatment facility is a big drawback for me for sure.
    Sometimes, the stench of sewerage infiltrates that resort. When we stayed last February at LaCabana and I walked to Palm Beach I could smell it and it would prevent me from booking there despite how wonderful the property looks. I NEVER smelled it at LaCabana or walking in the other direction. It was not just in February either as when we were there this summer it was the same on my walks...I walk from Palm to Eagle often and the smell typically started right around the Blue and last till the AM.

Based on your requirements, I think you would be very happy at Costa Linda. They are also a Friday to Friday timeshare, like the Renn. Their website has a rental board where you can rent directly from owners. The beach never seemed crowded, there is a playground right on the beach, and the pools seem family friendly. We haven't stayed there, but walked through to get a feel for the place and will be staying there in the future.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    a few years ago, paul and I met up with tracey and jon at the amsterdam manor beach bar.
    the smell from the sewer treatment plant was diffiucult to deal with.
    we had to depart after just a short period of time. ugh

my experiences in the area; the smell is sporadic. it can go long periods of time without even a hint of odor.
    I will never forget that. Definitely tainted my view of that area.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

When are you looking to go to Aruba? You can check to see if my two bedroom/two bath condo at Oceania on Eagle Beach will be available-see my signature. Just across from the beach-great to watch the sunset, with 4 pools, exercises rooms, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast