Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best low-rise hotel to stay at

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!

Question Best low-rise hotel to stay at

Hello! Just got back from a wonderful week at Marriott Ocean Club with the family. My husband and I would like to go back to Aruba this time next year but can not afford the Marriott, my parents have a timeshare there.

Although we had a great time with the fam, we have decided that we'd like to have our own space on our next trip-and are willing to pay for it ourselves. Just looking for reccommendations, personal preferences from people so we can make an informed decision. This is probably our one big vacation for the year. Thanks!!

For a timeshare, why not consider the Costa Linda.

For a family resort, consider the Tamarijn.

For a "couples" vacation, the Bucuti.

We always liked the Divi also. Tam was nice but for some reason we liked the Divi better. . . .

If you are looking for a nice little place that is close to the beach but not on the water, try Sunflower Villas. Short distance from the Marriott. Nice woman owns it and it's clean and friendly and has a pool. She will also take you out to dinner in some very good local resturants. . . . We do not stay there any more (now have our own house) but still stop over to see her and go to dinner with her and her guests. . . . She has become a personal friend. . . . Just an added place to check. . . . (see "www.arubasunflower.com".

Tom and Pam

LaCabana is on a great stretch of beach and in a great location. The pool is very nice and all of the units are being fully refurbished. It is a low rise and not as pricey as the Marriott. We have stayed at both. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Two suggestions, since your parents are at the Ocean Club: try renting privately as people are always trying to rent their units at a much better price (either Ocean club or Surf club). Many are posted for next year already or perhaps try the Playa Linda? Its a nice place with spacious rooms and it wouldn't be too far from the parents (good for babysitting some nights).
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    For a "couples" vacation, the Bucuti.
    The Bucuti can be rather expensive, so also consider Manchebo and Amsterdam Manor. We've stayed at both and they are both nice, quiet, small resorts on Eagle Beach. We prefer Amsterdam Manor because of the larger rooms (with kitchens) and more amenities than Manchebo offers.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    Those are great suggestions!! Especially the Sunflower villa-how adorable! Affordable and cozy for my husband and I. I will definately do research on all of your wonderful suggestions, thank you all very much.

We are so looking forward to our 3rd trip together! Many more to go to "try" to catch up to some of you.

Just be mindful about staying off site as using the pool/beach at area resorts are becoming more difficult. They are watching more carefully these days.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    Dont worry about staying offsite there are plenty of public beaches on the island to enjoy! or you can opt to rent chairs ,, Manchebo I know is one resort that rents chairs and they just happen to have the best beach on the island! Enjoy!

We own at Divi and like it because it is not crowded like the high rise beaches are....one of the main reasons we ended up there. It is getting a little more crowded the more they develop, but still nothing like above.
    You can go online to diviresorts.com and check it out...they will show you all the properties owned on the island. My girlfriend rented a week at Divi Dutch this fall and the rooms were very nice, recently renovated and clean. I think she may have rented from Orbits, but saw online the price was cheaper with the resort themselves so Orbits gave them a refund for the overage....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast