Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Best place to stay for least busy beach access?

Best place to stay for least busy beach access?

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are planning on going to Aruba in September and we're hoping to spend a lot of time lounging on the beach and relaxing. Where is the best place to stay that will provide us unfettered access to a beach that's nice and roomy? Definitely not looking to stand in line or be packed in like sardines. I heard that the Bucuti & Tara was the best but it's a bit out of our price range, looking for $200 a night and under. Is it better to go for somewhere like the Renaissance or for Amsterdam Manor?

Thanks!!

Aruba since 1979
    going to move this to the HOTEL section.

renaissance has their private island, but it is a 15 min boat ride away.

amsterdam manor and renaissance are good choices.

as manchebo ........manchebo is right next door to the bucuti or radisson

good luck and welcome to the aruba.com community forum

Quote Originally Posted by ieatbugs View Post
    Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are planning on going to Aruba in September and we're hoping to spend a lot of time lounging on the beach and relaxing. Where is the best place to stay that will provide us unfettered access to a beach that's nice and roomy? Definitely not looking to stand in line or be packed in like sardines. I heard that the Bucuti & Tara was the best but it's a bit out of our price range, looking for $200 a night and under. Is it better to go for somewhere like the Renaissance or for Amsterdam Manor?

Thanks!!

Aruba since 1979
    oh goodness......i just looked at your username. do u really?

Thanks for the reply!! I heard that Manchebo did not have quite as many amenities as Amsterdam... does anyone have any input on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    going to move this to the HOTEL section.

renaissance has their private island, but it is a 15 min boat ride away.

amsterdam manor and renaissance are good choices.

as manchebo ........manchebo is right next door to the bucuti or radisson

good luck and welcome to the aruba.com community forum

Amy just returned from her 17th(?) time at the Amsterdam Manor, hopefully she will comment, but in the meantime...

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f22/amsterdam-manchebo-bucuti-2nd-honeymoon-51208/
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    We've stayed at Manchebo twice and have stayed at Amsterdam Manor 14 times (going on stay #15 next week.)

Of the two, we like Amsterdam Manor better because they have nicer rooms and more amenities (they also have a honeymoon suite you can book with a large jacuzzi tub for two, separate shower, very private patio, etc.) Manchebo's rooms are your basic hotel room but Amsterdam Manor offers studios, one bedrooms, and 2 bedrooms - all with either kitchenettes or full kitchens (we like making our own coffee, toast, etc. in the morning.) They also offer room service if you want a full breakfast brought to your patio/balcony or dinner at night.

We've never stayed at the Bucuti but we have alot of friends who stay there every year and love it there - not so much because of the rooms but because of the large, quiet beach.

If you have any questions about Amsterdam Manor, just let me know. All 3 hotels are nice places with their own charm so you can't go wrong with any of them.
    There is a lot of info here about the Amsterdam Manor at
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/amsterdam%20manor.html

Amsterdam Manor?
    Is a very recent thread

My husband and I stay at Manchebo every year and LOVE it! We have been 11 times. Rooms are very nice, clean, the people are SUPER nice and accommodating. Not sure what amenities you are looking for, but Manchebo has THE BEST beach (in my opinion).....not crowded at all! And the food and drinks at the Pega Pega are outstanding!!!!

I did just return last night from my 26th stay in Aruba and 17th stay at Amsterdam Manor. As you can tell, we love it there. They have a nice uncrowded beach where you can get a palapa at any time of day. As Lisa posted above, we have stayed at Manchebo in the past and, although nice, we prefer the "extras" at Amsterdam Manor. They have larger rooms (depending on the size you book) and all of their rooms have full kitchens or kitchenettes with frig, toaster, blender, coffee maker, stovetop, dishes, etc. They also offer room service for breakfast or dinner, free floats on the beach, mgr's cocktail party every Thursday with discounted drinks, free snacks, and music. They have a pool bar and a beach bar with happy hour every day (2 for 1) from 5pm-6pm and from 9pm-10pm. They also do a movie on the beach every Wed. night. Manchebo is nice, but as I said, just your basic hotel room so that was a huge deciding factor for us (especially when we stay for 2+ weeks - it's nice to be able to make your own breakfast or prepare some appetizer/snacks before dinner.)
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Manchebo beach is the best choice for what you want. It's wide open and deep beach, practically empty compared to others. Bucuti and Manchebo are right there.

We stay at Paradise Beach Villas on Eagle Beach two doors down from Amsterdam Manor. Eagle is also a super beach but I think it's more busy than Mancehbo. La Cabana, in between Amsterdam and Paradise Beach, is a crowded beach in my opinion.

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Thumbs up Renaissance Aruba

I would recommend the Renaissance because of the exclusive use of the Private Island! Paradise found. Check it out on the web!

Susan

Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    ren island is ideal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast