Aruba Beach

Thread: Which is better??

Which is better??

My fiance and I are getting married in Aruba in April '09. We will be there for 7 days and really want this to be a great trip. We are looking for a hotel (probably in the high rise district) that has nice amenities, nice rooms (probably be reserving a suite of some sort) and of course a great beach.
    I've been looking around at all the great information in this forum but wondered if anyone had some more specific suggestions for us? We're really looking at the Bucuti, Divi, Marriott, Riu and Occidental. I'm really leaning more towards Bucuti because of the fact that it seems smaller and more secluded. Any suggestions?!!?
    Thanks!!!
    Last edited by TimDean; 07-21-2008 at 03:27 PM.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Renaissance suites, private island is perfect

Banned
    The divi has 5 places on aruba. do you mean divi phoenix? that's in the high rise section. The other 4 divi resorts are in the low rise section as is the bucuti. you mentioned you like the bucuti because it seemed smaller and more secluded, and it is. I think you might have answered your own question as where to stay. see www.bucuti.com and their beach web cameras at www.arubacam.com

For a just married couple the Bucuti.

I am planning a wedding in April 09. I have just began the planning and need some direction.

which is best

Bucuti is definitely very nice for a honeymoon. Quiet, nice beach, mostly adults.

If you decide to go with an all -inclusive, get a price from RIU and Occidental. I think Occidental is much better and not as big and overdone as RIU.

After you have your price for a hotel room at the resorts, get in touch with me. I have a two room SUITE at the Occidental in the ROYAL CLLUB, section. It has a private dining room for Royal Club guests only. Top shelf liquor, high end dining, room service, private beach area with private bar. Private car pick up at the airport, golf clubs, free internet, etc, etc, etc. The Royal Club at the Occidental is definitely a honeymoom dream. I guarantee you will save a lot of money by renting this unit from me, over booking a hotel room at either resort on their regular all inclusive.

macalh@aol.com

For a honeymoon, my vote would also have to be for Bucuti. While it is not in the high rise area, it is the perfect romantic location!

It's easy enough to get to either the high rise or downtown areas by taxi or local bus, or even rent a car for a couple of days.

My vote is Bucuti - hands down!

Which is Better?

If you're looking for "less crowded" in the high-rise section, Divi Phoenix is your answer. These are condos with kitchen facilities which is great if you're there for a whole week. The high rise section is in walking distance of many great resturants and activites unlike the low rise section where you must take a taxi or bus to get to most places away from your hotel. You'll have a great time regardless of where you stay so ENJOY!!!