Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Booking soon..What is your favorite all inclusive and why?

Thanks for the welcome Andrea J!

Riu

Quote Originally Posted by arubacam View Post
    Hi all. What is your favorite all inclusive and why? We are booking soon and we aren't sure. We were thinking Occidental. Been to Aruba twice before but 8 years ago. Aruba Grand and Holiday Inn. Won't do Holiday Inn again.

Thanks all,

Arubacam
    My wife and I have been to Aruba about 12 times, trading timeshares to stay at the Aruba Beach Club, the Divi, Playa Linda and both the Marriott Ocean Club and the Beach Club, none of which were all inclusive. Last year we traded into the RIU and paid for the All Inclusive Package. On our previous visits to Aruba we always thought the RIU was too gregarious for Aruba, overwhelming to the hotel stretch. After staying there I must say it was the best choice we have ever made. We are leaving April 6th to enjoy the RIU once again.

The food is awesome, with 4 or 5 high quality theme restaurants to enjoy. They also have a nonstop buffet that is wonderful, serving breakfast through dinner and the choices are endless. There is a poolside buffet so you can easily throw on a cover and grab lunch without having to vacate the pool area. The huge pool has a swim up bar also. We are in our 50's but had a great time mingling with the slightly younger crowd that was noticably absent from other Aruba locations we've stayed at. Lot's of honeymooners here. There are multiple bars onsite, both inside and outside service.

We were initially concerned about being held captive by prepaying for all our food but were very happy with the quality and options available. Having been to Aruba so many times, we've done all the popular restaurants on the island many times. We still keep a car rental available to shop and cruise the island if we wish but it is really not necessary, as everything you need is available at the RIU or within walking distance.

Nine more days and we will be back to one of the best places on earth! Gotta love Aruba!

Quote Originally Posted by altmanglen View Post
    There is a poolside buffet so you can easily throw on a cover and grab lunch without having to vacate the pool area.
    What type of food do they serve at the poolside lunch buffet?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    What type of food do they serve at the poolside lunch buffet?

The RIU has a salad bar with pastas, greens and many fruit choices, a carving table, a grill for hamburgers and the like, a dessert bar. Also a section where there are seafood choices. It is not just a small buffet with limited choices. It was always stocked fresh and there were friendly attendants to ensure everyone was in order. It also had bread choices, some appearing homemade and a soft serve ice cream stand. It really was a pleasant surprise.

I'm starting to think I should be paid by the RIU for the publicity I'm giving them. FYI- I don't work there :-)
    Last edited by altmanglen; 03-30-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Friends of mine stayed at Riu and the pictures of the buffet did look pretty amazing for an All inclusive. I personally cannot leave my beloved Divi AL though I would miss it and the people too much :-)

Aruba since 1979
    we were there as guests at the poolside lunch buffet in november and we compared it to a ship's lido deck buffet.
    we were very surprised at the huge selection and quality
    it was delicious
    and oh how i wanted to jump into the pool !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by altmanglen View Post
    The RIU has a salad bar with pastas, greens and many fruit choices, a carving table, a grill for hamburgers and the like, a dessert bar. Also a section where there are seafood choices. It is not just a small buffet with limited choices. It was always stocked fresh and there were friendly attendants to ensure everyone was in order. It also had bread choices, some appearing homemade and a soft serve ice cream stand. It really was a pleasant surprise.

I'm starting to think I should be paid by the RIU for the publicity I'm giving them. FYI- I don't work there :-)

Thinking if doing AI for next visit. How are the drinks and beer selections?

Quote Originally Posted by Boonie View Post
    Thinking if doing AI for next visit. How are the drinks and beer selections?
    I am interested in the beer and drink selections for AI also, specifically at the Occidental and RUI. Our first trip we did AI at Holiday Inn and the only beer included was draft balashi. All liquor choices were sugary drinks and rail liquor. We would not do AI there again.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

We stayed at the RIU about 4-5 years ago. They have some top shelf liquors. Most of our drinking was done at the pool bar. I'm a vodka drinker and they had Absolut and another premium brand, maybe Skyy? I'm not a beer drinker, so I can't help you there. The room also had a locked cabinet on the wall with 4 bottles of generic liquor, two of which were rum and vodka. It was set up like a soda dispenser - you push the lever underneath the bottle for your choice. The mini fridge was stocked with baby cans of Balashi.

We prefer AI, and have stayed at the Occidental, RIU, and HI. In our opinion, the RIU was by far the best AI - a bit more $$ but worth every penny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12