Aruba Beach

Thread: Brickel Bay Info

Brickel Bay Info

Hi there
    My husband and I will be returning to Aruba the first week of May for our 4th visit. It's been six long years since we have been back.
    The first three times we have stayed at the Wyndham and loved it, especially their pool!!
    We are trying to plan a wallet friendly trip this year and were thinking of somewhere less expensive and someone suggested Brickell Bay.
    There are alot of mixed reviews about this hotel about construction etc.
    I understand its across the street from the beach, we dont spend alot of time in the room anyways, but does anyone have any recent reviews for this hotel?
    I am fine with it not being a 5 star resort but just dont want to stay somewhere where you have to worry about bugs in the room etc.
    Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

The beach and the entire island. Don't have a favorite place because they are all wonderful places to me.....
    Try the Holiday Inn. They usually have good deals going on.

Quote Originally Posted by michelleq View Post
    Hi there
    My husband and I will be returning to Aruba the first week of May for our 4th visit. It's been six long years since we have been back.
    The first three times we have stayed at the Wyndham and loved it, especially their pool!!
    We are trying to plan a wallet friendly trip this year and were thinking of somewhere less expensive and someone suggested Brickell Bay.
    There are alot of mixed reviews about this hotel about construction etc.
    I understand its across the street from the beach, we dont spend alot of time in the room anyways, but does anyone have any recent reviews for this hotel?
    I am fine with it not being a 5 star resort but just dont want to stay somewhere where you have to worry about bugs in the room etc.
    Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
    For a few more$$$ I would stay at the Holiday Inn.Not a five star but its on the beach and near plenty of restaurants.Enjoy

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I think you would be better off at the Holiday Inn.

I am sure Kent can find you a nice place, but if not the Holiday Inn is fun.

There is nothing wrong with the Brickell Bay. Their rooms are clean. Its not on the beach but its a short walk across the way. The rooms are clean and the pool is always sparkeling.

iguan joes fishes and more just being there
    we have always stayed at the wyndham, now westin and never wanted to stay anywhere else. sounds like for the same reasons you liked it there. but we have recently checked the rooms at amsterdam manor. it is across the road from the beach, but there rooms are very updated. and they are not near the price of the westin. check their website. they are offering a 20% discount right now also. good luck. we will definately look into amsterdam manor for our next trip.

Michelleq - I have stayed at Brickell Bay for ovenight, and again rooms are clean no bugs, but they are going thru some major constructions and upgrades, new management, so I would take the advise of everyone else, and possibly stay at the Holiday Inn, or Amsterdam Manor, or even the Mill, or the Manchebo, I have stayed and seeing them all, and recommend them over the Brickell Bay.
    I am a travel agent and I have sent people everywhere on the island, so do check on the recommendation we are giving you, or contact me and I can give me more details on all the properties.

Thanks for the advise everyone!!