Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brickell Bay Beach Club

Exclamation Brickell Bay Beach Club

We are going to Aruba in July 2007. We are staying at the Brickell Bay Beach Club Accomodation for two weeks. Please has anyone any information about this accomodation. I have looked at the trip adviser reviews and seem to get conflicting reports. Is it in the High Rise part of palm beach and how far is it from Eagle beach. Do you have to rent parasols and sunbeds on the beach and if so who from? Are there any good music bars near the accomodation, and can anyone recommend any nice resturants in the vicinity. Also how far is it to the town from the hotel, and is it feasable to go there for nights out. How much would a taxi cost back if we were to do so. I would really like to have an honest opinion of this accomodation, especially from any other British who may have stayed here.

Brickell Bay is across the street from the hotels that are directly on the beach. It's actually a very good location for getting around. Over the years they have gotten mixed reviews. We've never stayed there but have walked through the property and it seems fine.

There are lots of restaurants within walking distance, some right outside your door (Fishes and More, Salt and Pepper for example.)

You can easily take a bus to town. It's under 3 USD for the ride.

They have a shuttle to the beach. I can't answer about beach chairs etc., perhaps someone else can.

Dump!

I went into this hotel a few years back to just check it out. All I have to say is...DUMP. I would never stay there.

Sorry but Im honest,

Chris

Do a search for "Brickell Bay Beach". There are more comments from past years.

I really think that only recent reviews would have any meaning. Places are constantly re-inventing themselves.

Not long ago someone posted a review saying the place was a mess because of renovations. If the renovations did their job perhaps it's a better place than before.

Aruba since 1979
    paul and i too, had done a walk thru last year and we kind of liked what we saw.
    the pool area was lovely.
    the rooms were recently renovated and although small they were clean and bright and had attractive bedding.

not a dump in our opinion
    BUT we did not stay there, we only took a tour as we were considering it for extra nights post timeshare week.

Yes, AuntieMame you are probably right on that. We were there in 2005 and it was being renovated. So it has changed some.

bean

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I stayed at Brickell Bay last year in April 2006 for 1 night before my timeshare weeks at La Cabana Villas. The room was small and clean. Though the carpeting in the hallway on my floor was ripped.

Unless this has been changed, the rooms did not have central air-conditioning. The window unit was very, very noisy and kept me up for half the night.

When I was checking out, there was another couple checking out also. They were talking about how their room air-conditioner had not worked the whole time they were there. I guess there was no available rooms to change them to. They were taking it very well. I would have flipped out if I didn't have any air; and would have wanted $$ credit to my bill.

The pool area was very nice. I met a young couple at the pool that had stayed there for a week. They didn't mind the Brickell Bay and were enjoying themselves. As it was their first time in Aruba, they had nothing to compare it to.

I would never stay at Brickell Bay for a week, more less 2 weeks; 1 or 2 nights at the most.

If staying a week or more, there are many timeshares available for rent. There is no reason to stay at Brickell Bay for more than a couple of nights.
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 05-10-2007 at 10:31 PM.

That is disturbing.

It has been my experience that Europeans are quite happy with basic lodgings that would not satisfy many Americans.

But if Liz wouldn't stay for more than a few days, neither would I. I know she's not a person who needs posh.

What does posh have to do with anything. I walked through there last year and was sooo greatful I wasnt staying there. Simple is great. I like simple, but a dump is a dump, espc for what they charge. Stay where you want, but I wouldnt. Id run. Bad AC isnt for me. I need to be cool when I sleep, not HOT!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast