Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brickell Bay Beach Club

I have heard people call several places where I have stayed quite happily "dumps." Sometimes "dump" is in the eye of the beholder - especially when no further description is given. Sometimes 'dump' is in the posts of the competition.

On tripadvisor folks sometimes post pictures of the leaking plumbing, torn rugs, cracked tubs, trash in the halls etc. That is most helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisfromCT View Post
    I went into this hotel a few years back to just check it out. All I have to say is...DUMP. I would never stay there.

Sorry but Im honest,

Chris

A few years back isnt very helpful

Reasons Why

We chose the Brickell Beach Club as it was the only one offered by our tour company on a room only basis. Would never consider all inclusive options as we hate to be tied down to one place. If its that bad we'll just chalk it down to experience and go back to our beloved Greece next holidays. As they say nothing ventured nothing gained. Beginning to wonder if we have made the right choice of holiday now!

Mollykim -

There are lots of lodgings on Aruba which are top notch (and also top dollar). People do tend to compare everything to them. We did a self-catering last trip which, during high season, was just 110 USD per day. There were few other Americans there - mostly Brits and Dutch. It was lovely.

Brickell is right in the heart of the high rise area. It's close to a bus stop. It is sort of surrounded by parking lots, so it's not a lush tropical place at all. There's a little strip mall right outside your door with very nice restaurants. I've seen the pool (in December) and it looks nice.

I know how you feel about the possibility of having chosen the wrong spot. Twice we booked lodgings which then got bad reviews and our hearts sunk. Both times we were quite happy with our choices. I hope you find the same result and it turns out well for you on your holiday.

Stay where you want. Someone asked there opinion and I walked in there last year and was like OMG what a dump so I relayed the message. Whys everyone getting all offended by my opinion. People need to relax. I didnt diss aruba, just that crappy hotel. If you dont care what others have to say dont post. Simple as that.

YUCK! We stayed for one night in February 2007-and basically ran out in the morning! Our bathroom was dirty and disgusting, the room was noisy, air didn't work, nor the ice machine on any of the floors!! I would never stay there again!

Thanks, Gucci, for giving us a bit of detail about what was wrong. That is very helpful.

Let's hope those things are cleared up before Mollykim arrives.

(Chris -- I don't see where you think anyone was offended.)

Mollykim - here's a google earth image. The plain white star (not the circles) is on the Brickell property. You can see it's not far from the ocean.
    The white building to the south has several restaurants. The building on the corner is Hooters. The resort across the road is, I believe, the Occidental. The road between your lodgings and the Occidental is the road to town. The bus stop is nearby.

(click on the thumbnail)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brickell Bay Beach Club-brick.jpg  
    Last edited by AuntieMame; 05-12-2007 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisfromCT View Post
    Stay where you want. Someone asked there opinion and I walked in there last year and was like OMG what a dump so I relayed the message. Whys everyone getting all offended by my opinion. People need to relax. I didnt diss aruba, just that crappy hotel. If you dont care what others have to say dont post. Simple as that.

What do you mean by OMG?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollykim View Post
    What do you mean by OMG?

OMG - Oh my God or Oh my Goodness.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast