Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brickell Bay Beach Club

Have trip planned in November, 2008, thru Bluegreen to stay at Brickell Bay Resort. Any updates on the conditions? I find mixed reviews, but mostly bad reviews. I was told they had renovated and that things have improved, but would like confirmation from travelers. Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    Bluegreen has ownership/management of brickel Bay???
    Brickel Bay imo is a step down below a standard holiday inn.
    Their pool area is nice.
    Their rooms are ok, nothing special.
    Renovations were a few yrs ago.
    Personally i would only stay there a night or 2 pre or post timeshare.
    I think you could probably do much better that to accept Brickel Bay.
    Andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by Gayle Buck View Post
    Have trip planned in November, 2008, thru Bluegreen to stay at Brickell Bay Resort. Any updates on the conditions? I find mixed reviews, but mostly bad reviews. I was told they had renovated and that things have improved, but would like confirmation from travelers. Thanks!

My husband and I will be staying at Brickell Bay in October thru the bluegreen also. It is our first trip to Aruba. Bluegreen gave us 3 free nights. We don't plan on being in the room much. We are going to be on the go seeing as many different places in Aruba as we can. We want to see the many different beautiful places. If it is so bad that we can't sleep and shower in it we will go somewhere else and pay. I was really concerned when I first started reading the comments on Brickell Bay. I've just decided to relax and see how it is when we get there. I will let you know how it is when we get back since we will be there in Oct and you are going in Nov

Smile

My husband and I decided to cancel the Bluegreen contract since we were still within the 30-day time frame, and have booked reservations at Manchebo Beach Resort, which has a much better rating and reputation. Although the lure of the cheap price was what originated our trip, we decided if we were going to Aruba it should be a trip we enjoyed thoroughly, including our room and surroundings. It will be great to be on the beach instead of having to take a shuttle or walk so far. I have been disappointed with places before (in Italy) that I had thought were nice enough on their websites, and do not want to experience that again in Aruba. My sleep comfort and the conditions of rooms and surroundings do make a difference.
    To clarify for 'Andrea J.', I don't think Bluegreen manages the Brickell, but evidently they have contract with them for reservations for their promotional specials.
    To 'scottydog50', I do hope you have a good time and that we are mistaken about the Brickell. It will be interesting to hear your review in October. Let us know what your recommendations and favorite activities are while there. Thanks!

Smile

I meant to add to the previous post that the Manchebo Beach Resort rate, with the AAA or AARP discount, oceanview, is cheaper than the reported $179.00 per night value that Bluegreen says is for the Brickell, for the time period we will be there. No comparison!

to gayle buck

Since our stay is free I can't make a move until I see Brickell Bays rooms. I seen in one review that they have done renovation. I read that it was only a walk across the street to the beach. Bluegreen also told us to call 16 days before we leave to see if we could get a up grade. That's what I'm hoping for as everyone says Oct is a slow time for Aruba. We are going to do a all day jeep tour and a all day harley rental I hope we don't have to move else where but if we do we will pay the price. I'm getting excited and now wanting to stay longer from all the reviews of how addicting Aruba is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123