Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Brickell Bay Have you stayed there within the last year?

Aruba since 1979

Brickell Bay Have you stayed there within the last year?

.......and what did you think?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I stayed there once before my timeshare. The air-conditioning was very noisy, the bed not great and my room faced Salt & Pepper which is open late so I had a hard time falling asleep. The pool area was very nice. This is before they supposedly renovated. Last September when I stayed at Ren Marina I was talking to a man at Blue Bar who had just arrived. He won a incentive trip from his company and had picked Aruba and Brickell Bay. He said less than an hour at the hotel he was outta there and changed to the Renaissance. I forget all his complaints but he did bring up about the lumpy bed.

We just got back from a week at Brickell Bay. It has its pros and Cons. The ac was old but worked. The dehumidifier was loud at night, but we dealt with it. Bed was comfy but pillows were think and hard. I did find a roach and a few bugs in the room. The pool was nice, and they gave you chairs on the beach, but if you wanted a hut you had to pay $30.00 for it. If you can get Brickell for less than $200 in high season or $100 low season I think its worth it. They also give you a small breakfast, (muffin, toast, banana nut bread, and grapes) every morning.

Aruba since 1979
    Bugs

I live in Florida where there are bugs aplenty.
    However pest control works and if a resort has roaches and bugs inside,
    that is a huge issue as far as I am concerned.

believe me, always check for BEDBUGS!!!!

Very mixed reviews on TA. We looked into it before we bought our timeshare.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ach_Aruba.html

Yes, we looked at all the reviews, and booked with mixed feelings thinking we would give it a try. All in all for the price we paid, and location it was good for a last minute trip. When I questioned the roaches to the front desk, the said we send house keeping to do a room inspection. I was thinking what is that going to do? Yes, we did check for bedbugs and luckily, there were none. That was the good thing. I managed to sleep well despite the hard pillows (we asked for extra). I would stay here again, if I had to only if the price was good.

Just returned from our 17th visit, stayed at the Brickle Bay for the first time. My husband made the plans this year and wasn't aware of what this was so I don't fault him too much. But boy did I whine when I found out. Lol. checked into our room, safe did not work, call front desk, someone came to look and said oh its broke. Also noticed no towels, I mean not 1. Or washcloths, hand towels etc... they moved us to a new room because of the safe. New room, no towels. Call front desk to get towels, towels come but no washcloths or hand towels. Call again. Jeez. Shower and go to dinner, come back turn on tv before sleep, dehumidifier in room noisy . Next day turn on tv to get news in the morning, doesn't work. Call the front desk now I'm starting to realize what people were writing reviews about. Takes all day for the tv to be replaced. We don't spend allot of time in our rooms anyway but I was becoming increasingly irritated. Had asked ahead for a refrigerator (added expense) had to call twice before that came. And it's a good thing this is a safe island, because the fire escape door on the 2nd floor is out of alignment and was always open, could not close if you wanted it to. I immediately started searching to move. Good luck during Carnival week. By day 3, I decided nothing would change so don't let this ruin my vacation. Hotel staff are very good people, they are so friendly and do anything you ask. They did the best they could. This hotel should not be allowed to continue doing business until things are fixed, repaired or replaced. Two other guests found cockroaches in thier room. We did not.
    Sorry this is long, but I could keep going. Do not stay here. Not worth the stress and headaches.

Aruba since 1979
    argh

the brickel bay is often "as a prize" on things like tv game shows, business as gifts for employees, contests...........i am speechless re: the crappy reviews and the place seems to be making no progress in being better.

will your husband be making the plans for next aruba vacation?

p_pyone;269111]Just returned from our 17th visit, stayed at the Brickle Bay for the first time. My husband made the plans this year and wasn't aware of what this was so I don't fault him too much. But boy did I whine when I found out. Lol. checked into our room, safe did not work, call front desk, someone came to look and said oh its broke. Also noticed no towels, I mean not 1. Or washcloths, hand towels etc... they moved us to a new room because of the safe. New room, no towels. Call front desk to get towels, towels come but no washcloths or hand towels. Call again. Jeez. Shower and go to dinner, come back turn on tv before sleep, dehumidifier in room noisy . Next day turn on tv to get news in the morning, doesn't work. Call the front desk now I'm starting to realize what people were writing reviews about. Takes all day for the tv to be replaced. We don't spend allot of time in our rooms anyway but I was becoming increasingly irritated. Had asked ahead for a refrigerator (added expense) had to call twice before that came. And it's a good thing this is a safe island, because the fire escape door on the 2nd floor is out of alignment and was always open, could not close if you wanted it to. I immediately started searching to move. Good luck during Carnival week. By day 3, I decided nothing would change so don't let this ruin my vacation. Hotel staff are very good people, they are so friendly and do anything you ask. They did the best they could. This hotel should not be allowed to continue doing business until things are fixed, repaired or replaced. Two other guests found cockroaches in thier room. We did not.
    Sorry this is long, but I could keep going. Do not stay here. Not worth the stress and headaches.[/QUOTE]