Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bucuti Beach Resort

Bucuti

Definitely go with the Tara Suites. They are MUCH nicer and have a much better view.

We stayed in a deluxe room in the Bucuti wing and had an ocean view. While you don't walk out of the building right onto the beach, you are only steps away from the beach. To us, it was worth saving some $$ by staying in the Bucuti wing and spending those $$ on more dinners, shopping, etc. And to be honest, we didn't spend a lot of time on the balcony.

All the rooms in the Bucuti wing have now been renovated and IMHO are beautiful as well. But there are some trees that may block part of the ocean view from some of the rooms in this building. No obstructions to the view in the Tara Suites building.

For your honeymoon, if an unobstructed view of the ocean is a priority, I would suggest you spend the extra $$ and opt for the Tara Suites.

In preparation for my trip in October, I did extensive research on the differences in the Tara Suites vs. Jr Suites in Bucuti Wing. Below is a summary of my findings: You can decide based on your own personal preferences:

Jr Suite: located in slightly older Bucuti bldg; bldg is a little further back from ocean than Tara Suites; there are 2 Jr Suites: one on the 2nd fl and one on the 3rd floor; both have ocean views - trees blocking view is not a problem; Jr Suite has 2 queen size beds in the bedroom, one sofa bed in living room, full kitchen, wet bar, extra large terrace with access from bedroom and living room.

Tara Suites
    Newer; closer to the ocean; smaller than Jr suite but more than adequate for 2 people; excellent for honeymooners; breathtaking ocean views; one king size bed in bedroom; sofa bed in living room; wet bar; Tara building has its own continental breakfast; Bucuti wing residents must walk to another location for contintential breakfast; Spa is located in Tara bldg.

As mentioned in another review, I was also concerned about the obstructed view of the ocean from the Jr Suite due to trees. However, hotel staff assured me that if I chose the Jr Suite, I would NOT be disappointed. In fact, one of the owners herself prefers the Jr Suite and stays there when she is visiting. Hope this helps!

This was the ocean view from our Tara Suite:
    http://www.teresniak.de/aruba/page-a...lish_0011.html
    Hundreds of Pictures from Aruba, Curacao, Venezuela, Vietnam, Finland, Cyprus and more: http://www.teresniak.de/index_english.html

Wow guys! Thanks for all the great info!!!

Smile Bucuti

Hi...

We're going to Bucuti & Aruba for the 1st time 153 days from now and would love more info from return visitors.

After reading many blogs about the "Dine Around" plan, we've opted to pay-as-we-go...

Just looking for lots of walkable beach, warm weather and interesting food & drinks...

This is the view from our oceanview third floor room in the Bucuti wing. So as you can see, there can be obstructed views of the beach/ocean from that building.

So, if the view is important to you, stick with the Tara Suites - no obstructions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12