Aruba Beach

Thread: Bucuti honeymoon

BGP

Smile Bucuti honeymoon

Hello to all the Aruba lovers out there! Heading to Aruba on Dec 14th for a wonderful honeymoon. We will be staying at Bucuti Resort. QUESTION... does anyone know if they have rafts/ floats or any beach toys for adults? Any other Bucuti tidbits, suggestions etc? This is our first trip to Aruba!

Thanks!

Brannan

Cool

My sister and I stayed at the Bucuti from Oct 26 – 31 and we can’t say enough positive things about this quaint resort. To answer your question regarding watersports….although Eagle Beach (Bucuti) has by far the best beach (clean and never overcrowded) there are NO watersports or activities there. However, the concierge service is very helpful in finding and scheduling whatever activities you’re interested in elsewhere on the island. Bucuti is quiet, laid back and free of children. The staff is friendly and very attentive. The rooms are modern, clean and well kept. We left a few dollars each day for the maid and our room was always clean upon our return…and when we went out for dinner, our beds were turned down when we got back. The complimentary breakfast is adequate for most people (fresh fruit, breads, cheese, ham, veggies, juices etc). Bucuti’s restaurant (Pirate’s Nest) also offers other breakfast items from the menu. If you prefer a large breakfast, travel to the high rise section where many of the hotels offer breakfast buffets. The Pirate’s Nest offers lunch and dinner items that are satisfactory, but if you prefer dining out, the island has many excellent restaurants to choose from. A few good suggestions: Driftwood, Madaam Janette’s, Aqua Grille, Chef’s Table and Pizza Bob’s which is across the street and serves excellent Pizza. There’s also a Subway within walking distance.There are many other restaurants to choose from and the concierge can make suggestions. For dining out, plan on spending at least $40-65/person per night for dinner. If you’re not renting a car, all restaurants are accessible via Taxi which are available 24-7 to and from the Bucuti. Taxis are very safe and run $9/per trip (one-way) to most places on the island. If you’d like to buy a few groceries and/or alcohol/beer to keep in your room, take a Taxi to Ling and Sons store where you’ll find everything you need and they accept U.S. currency. As a side note, DelaFrance is an excellent place to stop for breakfast or lunch and is located on the main street near Ling and Sons.

Hope this helps. Have fun and Congratulations on your Marriage!

Congratulations on your marriage, may you have a long , healthy, fun, and loving one. As per the Bucuti, I can not say enough, about the owners Ewald and Susan Biemans, they are wonderful people for everything not only for the resort but for the island and what they do.
    Enjoy your honeymoon.

Email info@bucuti.com them to inquire about the floats and also let them know that you will be honeymooners.

BGP
    Thank you for the advice Ceetee. Great ideas! We are starting to get very excited. I will email Bucuti today to touch base and ask about floats. They are easy enough to stick in a suitcase (if I can find one) if they do not carry them. Does anyone know what the water temps will be around Dec 14th? I hope nice and warm!!

Thanks all!

Brannan

Water temperatures should be 80-81 degrees F.

BGP
    Sounds like a good water temp. Looking forward to dipping my toes in that beautiful water

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hey BGP...best wishes...you will love aruba

p.s. Don't forget to get your pictures on Bucuti's webcam and tell friends & family to check it out! It films intermittently from 9-9:20am daily.