Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bucuti resort

bucuti

Thanks for your reply

One more question : The pool doesn't look to be very inviting , is it a good size? We are beach people but sometimes we might hit the pool

thanks

robin

The Beach, the ocean, the sun, the breeze and something refreshing to sip!
    You will LOVE the Bucuti, simply beautiful, right on the beach if you stay in the Tara wing. We will be going for our second time in 15 days...
    We love not having to run down to the beach to get a palapa, its a beautiful beach w/ a lot of personal space.
    Happy hour is good, nice breakfast, can't go wrong on the beach w/ their ham and gouda sandwiches for lunch.
    Also if you stay in the Tara suites breakfast is included..enjoy!

Thumbs up

BUCUTTI GREAT PLACE.

Robin, the swimming pool at the Bucuti is not large and fancy, it was renovated though in 2006(?) and is furnished very contemporarily. If you go to this link there are some photos others have taken with a few pool pics. If that link does not work try this one (right hand side).

bucuti

Thanks for your reply

I feel better when I get such positive responses.

Although we are not going til July/09 (California this summer) I am really excited to go back - my fav island!!!!

It will have been 3 years by the time we get there - anything new- any new fine dining restaurants to know about
    We love the Flying Fishbone and The Grille at the Radisson

thanks

robin

The Flying Fishbone now has a sister restaurant, the Screaming Eagle, on Eagle Beach. It is suppsed to be excellent http://www.screaming-eagle.net/

http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/topten.html

I will let you know if the Sunset Grille is still any good. We will be there for our wedding anniversary in June. I have no reason to believe that it has changed though...

The Beach, the ocean, the sun, the breeze and something refreshing to sip!
    Is the jacuzzi actually a real one? 0The pool area looks 100x's better than when we where there, the jacuzzi was just like a hot tub, no jets that worked when we were there. Thanks for the pictures. When we first went we just figure the beach is so beautiful, the pool never mattered. Hmm, maybe this year will be different.

We haven't stayed at the Bucuti (which is not on Eagle Beach, but Manchebo Beach) but we have stayed next door at the Manchebo.

Manchebo beach is the widest beach in Aruba. Wouldn't stay anywhere else. Palm beach is too crowded and you have to get up at the crack of dawn (or pay extra) to get a palapa at most places. Eagle beach is nice, but the wave riders are noisy. Druif beach is hit or miss with the width of the beach and the rocks.

Windows

Has anyone dined at Windows Restaurant
    If so, could you tell me your experience

And are there any new restaurants (past 3 years) that we might not know of??

Thanks

robin

also check out tripadvisor.com for reviews on hotels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12