Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Bucuti Vs Barcelo Vs Riu Palace. Please HELP! =]

Yes you can. Have fun!

You can visit restaurant and bars at other hotels. There are also places like Sopranos that have live music. Bugaloe has music and a karaoke night.

If you went with the Barcelo, you could take the savings from the room and out it towards a few off site dinners, and have the best of both worlds. You would have the convenience of the all inclusive with the experience of trying new restaurants of you felt like it. When we walk past both the Occidental and Roy, the pools always sound lively and fun. The reviews do seem better for the Riu, but I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

You are free to go just about anywhere, but be advised that some resorts only accept payment by credit card at the bars.

The way I see it, if you dont like where you stayed, you always have excuse to come again and try a different one. For us Amsterdam Manor on Eagle beach experience was amazing enough to stay there four times.

Just an update. Ended up going with Hyatt regency in the end. Already reserved shade for the whole trip. We thought it was best for us considering its our first time and were both younger.

On a future honeymoon, or hopefully if we like aruba enough, the second time will be at bucuti.

We just wanted to be able to walk anywhere easy.

Got a sunset suite, hope they are good.

Thanks

Heading there in a few weeks
    Last edited by Aruba1st; 05-28-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba1st View Post
    Just an update. Ended up going with Hyatt regency in the end. Already reserved shade for the whole trip. We thought it was best for us considering its our first time and were both younger.

On a future honeymoon, or hopefully if we like aruba enough, the second time will be at bucuti.

We just wanted to be able to walk anywhere easy.

Got a sunset suite, hope they are good.

Thanks

Heading there in a few weeks
    You will love the location of the Hyatt and having shade reserved already is a bonus. I recommend keeping your dinner reservation at Elements on this trip. It's a great restaurant, but it will also give you a reason to check out the area around Bucuti and compare for yourselves. After dinner take a walk over to the Alhambra Marketplace to see what the area has to offer and maybe have an after dinner drink at Fusion - the wine and piano bar.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 05-29-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Also wanted to add, if you are looking for night life, look up places like Gusto, the Sand Bar and South Beach Aruba. They are all walking distance from Hyatt and have a dance club or lounge vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    imo the bucuti is in a whole different league that the riu or barcelo.

if you can live without all inclusive try the bucuti. If not, I would opt for barcelo.

Hi there! I am new here and am researching a return trip to Aruba for our 25th wedding anniversary. WE stayed at teh Americana, which is now the Barcelo. We will be taking two of our adult children and their families. Can you tell me how the Barcelo is to stay at now? I read reviews that are all over the place. We would stay in teh Royal Palm Club becuase I did read that the quality is a bit better.

We stayed in the Americana years ago too. The Barcelo is all inclusive. It was quite lively when we walked through to drop off our rental car keys late at night. There was music in the pool area during the day also. We stayed at the Hilton next door so I can't tell you what its like to actually stay there. From what I saw the property looks nice and the location is good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast