Aruba Beach

Thread: Bucuti vs. Divi

Bucuti vs. Divi

My fiance and I are excited to be getting married in Aruba this July. Our wedding will take place at the Renaissance Resort and we had planned to stay there for some time after the wedding. We are now looking into the possibility of switching hotels after the wedding so we can relax and enjoy our honeymoon. Most of our family and friends will be staying at the Ren.

Our travel agent recommended Bucuti, lowrise room in Divi or the Westin. We narrowed it down to Bucuti and Divi.

Bucuti: nice couples resort.,provides daily breakfast

Divi: all inclusive, free bottle of champagne/gift upon arrival, dinner for two at Sunset Beach Bistro.

I've heard good/bad things about both locations. I like Divi because it's all inclusive and we may need this after staying at the Ren. ( not AI)But I like the idea of being at a couples only resort- Bucuti

What do you think would be a better choice for us?

Regardless where you stay you will be eligible for One Cool Honeymoon package
    aruba.com/SpecialVacations/WeddingsHoneymoons/One_Cool_Honeymoon.aspx

Just make sure your travel agent requests it at time of booking.

As to which resort. Imo, you sound like you know what to expect from both resorts.

No children? Definitely the Bucuti.

Your question is probably, should you go all inclusive or not. Only you two can decide that.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    pass on the AI..to many good restaurants in aruba to get tied down to one place.
    If this is your first, and perhaps only visit to aruba you will miss most of what the island has to offer.

Aruba since 1979
    my 2 cents/my opinion

is to go with the divi all inclusive.
    my reasoning is that weddings are stressful.
    after the wedding you will need time to collapse and relax.
    the all inclusive may be your best bet.
    no worry about dinners, transportation and unknown costs.

HHHmmmm tough decision for me to make! I'm kind of leaning towards the AI only because we will spend part of the trip at the Renaissance. We can check out a few great restaurants then. Towards the end when we've spent all our money on the wedding( lol), we can just crash and eat/drink at Divi.

Thanks for the advice!

Cindyo: I see that you have a picture with your family and Bully. I think I may be contacting him for our trip in July. I would feel so comfortable knowing he is loved by so many on this forum.

Aruba since 1979
    if bully was running for parliament he'd win.
    but he would not last more than a day.........he is too nice and kind and sweet.

he SHOULD be made aruba's welcome man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheree10 View Post
    Cindyo: I see that you have a picture with your family and Bully. I think I may be contacting him for our trip in July. I would feel so comfortable knowing he is loved by so many on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheree10 View Post
    I'm kind of leaning towards the AI only because we will spend part of the trip at the Renaissance. We can check out a few great restaurants then.
    Sounds like a good compromise and best bet for your budget. The Divi is not the most ritzy resort, but it IS comfortable with very good food and "all you relax with" frosty beverages. Perfect way to spend a honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    if bully was running for parliament he'd win.
    but he would not last more than a day.........he is too nice and kind and sweet.
    he SHOULD be made aruba's welcome man.
    AMEN!