Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooking in the Renaissance

Cooking in the Renaissance

Are the facilities in the rooms at the Renaissance okay enough to cook a full meal?
    My room confirmation says there are burners in the room. Does Kitchenette mean no dinner plates or pots/pans?

I have only been to Aruba twice before, I have done many of the tours offered and found the island just wonderful. The beaches are my favorite though. open for suggestions from those who know the great spots to go!
    It may be that every room is set up a little differently. On my previous visits I had a microwave, coffe maker, and a very SMALL stove top. Plates were included in my rooms

Yes, it is very limited cooking at the Rennasance.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Thumbs up Cooking at the Renaissance

Hi,

If you are staying at the Renaissance Ocean Suites do you know what floor you are on? Floors 1,3,5, have an electric cooktop, microwave, twin refrigerators, and a full set of dishes, pots, pans, flatware, toaster, blender, etc. etc. I usually take an inexpensive nonstick frying pan and a small bottle of olive oil with me, and can cook any breakfast. We usually cook some meals in. Pasta is always easy, go to one of the wonderful grocery stores and you will find all the culinary comforts of home. The units on floors 2 and 4 are smaller. They have a microwave and one mini refrigerator. You may request a hotplate. No cookware in these rental units. My advice, try requesting a unit on floors 1,3,5. They are timeshare units, but if an owner has exchanged them through Interval International, the Marriott will rent one of those units to you.

Good luck and enjoy Aruba,
    Susan

Next Aruba trip in

Thanks for the tip. I exchanged through Interval, but I didn't get a unit number on my confirmation, hopefully that gives me a chance to request a floor.

Thumbs up Renaissance

If you exchanged through interval, my guess is you will get a timeshare floor. Which week are you going? If you are lucky you can request a pool or ocean view and get it.

Best Wishes,
    Susan

Next Aruba trip in

I think it's week 18, I check-in on Fri, May 1.
    I've asked for Oceanview, and they've told me it's based on availability at time of check-in, so I will just have to hope I can get a nice view on the top floor.

Week 18

If you are very pleasant and gentle in requesting a room, you should get a great placement! Just a heads up, that you are going on Queen's holiday, and most of the stores and some restaurants will be closed for about three days. There is a litle deli store which carries some groceries right outside the Rennaissance. Be sure to bring some supplies with you, coffee, filters, creamers, sugar, snacks, etc. If you drink, you may opt to get some duty free supplies at your airport or connection. When everything is closed in town, enjoy the private island! It is unlike any other place I have been to.

Great restaurants at the Renaissance include LG Smith's and Aquarius. The Monday night Aruban night at the Resort is a great deal as well. Be sure to pick up a Little Switzerland bag as you exit the airport. There will be money saving coupons in there as well as in the newspapers and magazines in the Lobby each day. Have a fabulous vacation in Paradise!

Hope this helps,
    Susan

Next Aruba trip in

Susan, you have no idea how much I appreciate your tips. I am so glad you gave me the heads up about the holiday because I was planning on doing the shopping there. I guess I'll save $$ packing my groceries ahead of time. I really can't wait. I leave this week!!!
    I'm really looking forward to visiting the island. I've monitored the forum for about a month now and I see how many ppl are so in love. I feel the same way for Antigua. I can't wait to experience Aruba so I can share the love!

Question week 18

We're leaving Friday also! Any Idea what 3 days are holiday? Might make a
    difference when to rent the car to go stiock up with groceries!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast