Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Day Visit @ Renaissance Ocean Suites

Aruba since 1979

Day Visit @ Renaissance Ocean Suites

While in Aruba (for 10 hours) last week. we spent time with friends who were staying at the Renaissance Ocean Suites. They invited us to spend the afternoon.

The Renaissance was really very quiet.
    We had lounges and a shade hut at the lagoon area.
    The beach area there at the lagoon beach was incredibly pleasant.
    There were upwards of 20 palapas , many available and the lagoon itself was crystal clear. My friend Ginny and I floated for over an hour in the water there.
    It was lovely.

The Renaissance Ocean Suites are perfect for families and for singles or couples.

We enjoyed being there as guests for a couple of hours.
    We also got a chance to meet a couple of forum members : Jason and his bride and Carole.
    Both of these nice folks came up to Paul and I and introduced themselves.

Renaissance Ocean Suites timeshare owners….don’t sell. The place is a gem.
    (we sold about 12 yrs ago…big mistake)

Funny you should post this today. I just booked the Ocean Suites side for one night in Aruba. I didn't realize the lagoon would be that enjoyable. Now you have me picturing floating for our first sunset. Thanks for posting, I'm feeling good about this now.

Off topic...our our arrival day in November I hadn't booked a place yet - has to do with timeshare checkin date vs airfare - anyway, I hadn't booked our first night yet. We are on a waiting list at Playa Linda and Holiday Inn is showing no availability, sooooo I decided we should try the Ocean Suites side of the Renaissance because my uncle will be staying there next year and we need to give it one more try-out. We didn't really like the Marina Tower, just wasn't out style. I'm hoping we can check in, enjoy the lagoon and the pool bar, grab dinner downtown, and hit the island for breakfast the next morning and have a little quiet beach time on the adult side with some flamingo photo ops. We also booked refundable so this plan could change 10 more times between now and November.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Andrea, I'm glad that you enjoyed your day at Renaissance. We love the lagoon so much that we only made one trip over to the island during our last stay. We have friends that will be there in September when we arrive in Aruba on a cruise, and our plan is also to camp out there for the day.

Aruba since 1979
    the lagoon was very enjoyable!
    if you are in the Ren Ocean Suite FB group and have seen the many postings lately of Ginny K and her cigar smoking hubby , we were their guests.

when we have stayed for weeks at Ren Ocean Suites, we always hurried off to the private island (which is great) and rarely utilized the lagoon that was right outside our door.

the marina tower is not our style either.

good luck with your booking(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Funny you should post this today. I just booked the Ocean Suites side for one night in Aruba. I didn't realize the lagoon would be that enjoyable. Now you have me picturing floating for our first sunset. Thanks for posting, I'm feeling good about this now.

Off topic...our our arrival day in November I hadn't booked a place yet - has to do with timeshare checkin date vs airfare - anyway, I hadn't booked our first night yet. We are on a waiting list at Playa Linda and Holiday Inn is showing no availability, sooooo I decided we should try the Ocean Suites side of the Renaissance because my uncle will be staying there next year and we need to give it one more try-out. We didn't really like the Marina Tower, just wasn't out style. I'm hoping we can check in, enjoy the lagoon and the pool bar, grab dinner downtown, and hit the island for breakfast the next morning and have a little quiet beach time on the adult side with some flamingo photo ops. We also booked refundable so this plan could change 10 more times between now and November.

Our first exchange into the Ren Ocean Suites is where we fell in love with Aruba. Even though we bought the condo, we are not giving up the unit we bought at the Ren. It is so quiet, but even totally full, you can find a chair either at the pool or lagoon or island. You have restaurants just out the front door and many in walking distance. It is cool to watch the cruise ships come and go-they get so close to the building. We stayed at the Marina one night in Dec-(we didn't want to fly home on our anniversary) it was nice, but the Suites are more our laid back style.

Ginny and her husband look like a blast!
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

Aruba since 1979
    they are. they live near YOU.

we have known them for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Ginny and her husband look like a blast!

Tracey & Andrea - can you elaborate on the differences between Marina Tower & Ocean Suites? I'm thinking that it wouldn't be my style either, but I'm not sure why!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    well, to begin with::
    may i wear my bathing suit cover up and flip flops passing thru the lobby?
    the answer is "no" for the marina tower.

yes, for the ocean suites.

it is all about being "laid back"
    on a beach vacation i want to be laid back.

the feel that i get in the marina tower is not relaxed.

marina tower does not allow kids.
    ocean suites do have kids.

marina tower is plunked right in the downtown
    ocean suites, although downtown is tucked away at the end of the seaport marketplace.

pool at marina tower is on the roof next to the portico area.
    it is a lovely pool with a tremendous view of the marina.

the pools at the ocean suite are on the grounds and surrounded by green foliage and grass and ocean.

i have stayed at the marina tower and liked it.
    did not love it.

we were owners at the ocean suites for a long time, then when we retired sold.
    we have stayed there numerous times using interval trade or renting from individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Tracey & Andrea - can you elaborate on the differences between Marina Tower & Ocean Suites? I'm thinking that it wouldn't be my style either, but I'm not sure why!

I'd add that the suites are quieter and the maria hotel, you are steps away from the Renaissance Marketplace which is filled with restaurants which you can eat at outside-at the marina you have to cross the street which is usually very busy. The marina hotel has restaurants, but they are not the causal dining restaurants and are inside. There is more seating at the pool at the suites and a much larger pool than the marina. You are not on top of each other at the pool at the suites as you are at the marina hotel-and there is no road traffic to hear at the suites pool. Parking is much better at the ocean suites, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    well, to begin with::
    may i wear my bathing suit cover up and flip flops passing thru the lobby?
    the answer is "no" for the marina tower.

yes, for the ocean suites.

it is all about being "laid back"
    on a beach vacation i want to be laid back.

the feel that i get in the marina tower is not relaxed.

marina tower does not allow kids.
    ocean suites do have kids.

marina tower is plunked right in the downtown
    ocean suites, although downtown is tucked away at the end of the seaport marketplace.

pool at marina tower is on the roof next to the portico area.
    it is a lovely pool with a tremendous view of the marina.

the pools at the ocean suite are on the grounds and surrounded by green foliage and grass and ocean.

i have stayed at the marina tower and liked it.
    did not love it.

we were owners at the ocean suites for a long time, then when we retired sold.
    we have stayed there numerous times using interval trade or renting from individuals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast