Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Day Visit @ Renaissance Ocean Suites

Thank you!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Ocean Suites is like being at any resort. You wake up, go claim your spot on the beach at the lagoon. We like to sit under the clusters of palm trees. They have servers to bring you food and drinks. We float in the lagoon or take a dip in the pool. We can head back to the room for lunch. Or if we choose, we can walk over to the boat launch right down the path and take the boat over to the private island.

I've never stayed at the Marina, but there is no beach access there. To me it feels like staying in a hotel
    with a lovely view.
    Last edited by hatteras; 05-18-2017 at 10:13 AM. Reason: typo

We prefer the Ocean Suites as well. While I enjoy the private island I find I tend to prefer the lagoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Tracey & Andrea - can you elaborate on the differences between Marina Tower & Ocean Suites? I'm thinking that it wouldn't be my style either, but I'm not sure why!
    I think Andrea covered it all. For us the Marina Tower had that downtown vibe, younger, kind of hip. That's just not us. I think my view of the Ocean Suites on our one day visit was tainted because I tripped on an uneven sidewalk and there was blood and I needed to get back to the room at the Marina to get cleaned up. So I can't really compare the two. I can't really picture the lagoon from my memory. Their Facebook group always lots of pictures that make it look like the Ocean Suites side is more of a place we would want to just hang out outside. The marina tower, it is a pool attached to a hotel attached to a shopping mall. The pool area made me feel like it would be a great place to have a cocktail party.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    The marina tower, it is a pool attached to a hotel attached to a shopping mall. The pool area made me feel like it would be a great place to have a cocktail party.
    I remember seeing that pool for the first time and thinking "what just happened, where am I, why is there a pool - ooohh a bar!"

Tracey, I remember when you stayed in the Marina side and thinking, oh I wonder if they would be happier at the Ocean Suites! So many times you read that there is no beach at Renaissance but I consider the lagoon and sandy area a beach. The water is calm, grab a lounge under a palm tree and relax. While I really enjoyed the private island, the lagoon is where I relaxed. Plus, I love the pool there.

Aruba since 1979
    i still have the sunburn from march 9..the day i floated for a long time in the lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i still have the sunburn from march 9..the day i floated for a long time in the lagoon
    Andrea, you really should read the forum more, sunburn and credit card issues? Rookie mistakes

(Please read on the most sarcastic tone possible, And hopefully appreciate the humor)

hahahaha

Aruba since 1979
    no kidding

in my defense, i did not even think we would be using the card
    and
    the sunburn was on my lips.....and i did use aruba aloe lip goop but did not reapply.
    i still have a split lower lip from the sunburn and it looks disgusting, and it still hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Andrea, you really should read the forum more, sunburn and credit card issues? Rookie mistakes

(Please read on the most sarcastic tone possible, And hopefully appreciate the humor)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast