Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Difference in Divi Resorts

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Smile The Difference in Divi Resorts

Dear Fellow Forum Members,

As you probably know, my husband and I are seasoned Renaissance lovers. However, since we own other timeshares in the States, we belong to RCI. They have been offering some wonderful exchanges at The Divi Phoenix and the Divi Village. Also they are offering exchanges at Casa del Mar.

What are your thoughts on these resorts? We are happy with a king sized comfortable bed and a kitchen similar to the Renaissance.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Susan

Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    the kitchens in all 3 of those you listed are far superior than the limited kitchens at renaissance ocean suites.
    (that being said....a limited kitchen is a good tradeoff when one get the private island!)

casa del mar...... if it is a 2 bedroom presidential unit.......NICE! close to the beach and the pool. if it is the 1 bedroom ambassador unit, those units are located across the street from the main campus of the CDM and the pool that is at that location is small.
    i do not know if these units have been updated or renovated lately, but when we stayed there in the 1 bedroom ambassador units we were quite displeased and would have preferred the presidential units. (cleanliness and kitchen supplies and drippy air conditioner were issues as was poor customer relations)

Divi Village..... nice resort, located across the street from the beach, so that walk might be an issue (5 min walk)
    Divi Phoenix.......which building ? old tower?
    awesome beach, renovated and updated pool and area.

both divis lovely properties.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-21-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Smile Divi Decision

Hi Andrea,

We will be going to Aruba for two weeks in March at the Renaissance, but with the RCI deals going on I am tempted to book another vacation. If we needed a little bit of the Private Island we could always purchase a day pass! Thanks for your input. Anyone else have an opinion?
    Cheers,
    Susan

Next Aruba trip in

The new pool at the Phoenix is VERY nice and if you were in one of the new villa units, I am sure they are gorgeous as well.

Nice beach, though I believe the water is probably not as nice as the private island at the Renaissance.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We have stayed in Divi Golf and The Residences at Divi. Both are lovely, but it is a hike to the beach. The golf shuttles run around the resort, taking people to the beach. There has been a lot of discussion about this on here lately, that you could probably look up. Divi Golf has a very nice infinity pool. Druif Beach is gorgeous, but I'm sure does not come close to comparing to the Ren. private island. However, it is a nice, wide stretch of beach.

Own at Divi Village and although you have to walk, it is not like you have to walk a mile....it is a short walk across the street if you are staying in the old buildings (that have just all been newly renovated), a few minutes longer if you are staying at either the Divi Villas which are behind the old buildings and a few more if staying at the Golf Villas....
    The beach is NEVER crowded....there is always tons of room to spread out and the beach-bar is a short walk from anywhere on the beach....
    We like Divi because we do not like how busy it is up at the high rise area....would rather be where it is quiet and go to where it is busy if I want dinner or shopping....
    Anyway, I am kind of biased about Divi....guess you can tell, but love the place and would not trade to go anywhere else on the island...just IMO
    Have never traded for the Phoenix...but hear the new building is beautiful...but also too busy...

We own at Divi and stay in the Villas when we are there. The quick walk across the street to the beach is great. I do love being away from the busy hi-rise area. But I am a bit disappointed since they added the Golf Resort, so much more traffic when trying to relax on the beach and the Sea Breeze quality has declined over the last couple years.
    We will be traveling back again in a couple weeks and hope to see some positive changes.
    Don't get me wrong we are not looking to leave Divi and love coming to Aruba.

We are looking to possibly rent at Divi Village. I guess maybe I was confused looking at the property map- I thought the village properties were right on the beach?

Aruba since 1979
    divi timeshares are a bit confusing

divi phoenix is on the beach

divi dutch village is not quite on the beach, but is on the same side of the main road as the beach. divi dutch shares the same campus as divi tamarijn all inclusive hotel, and the tamarijn IS all oceanfront room. the divi dutch village timeshare units are directly behind the tamarijn building.

the divi village and divi golf villas are ACROSS the street from the beach.some of the ones located back near MULLIGANS and WINDOWS restaurants are a good 7 - 10 minute walk to the beach......but there are free divi shuttles if one does not want to walk.

then there is divi divi all inclusive, located on the beach.

clear as mud right ??
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2PharmDs View Post
    We are looking to possibly rent at Divi Village. I guess maybe I was confused looking at the property map- I thought the village properties were right on the beach?

I believe the divi dutch village is on the beach right behind the tamarijin. The divi village is across the street where the golf is located. I have been looking @ maps recently and they are all a tad different and hard to get one with all the updated hotels names etc. I started to use google earth so I c for myself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast