Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Divi AI

Per a March 27, 2015 post on the Divi Tamarijn FB page, the new pizza bar is expected to open within 2 weeks. IMOH, that's a lightning pace for Aruba construction.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Good news about the pizza bar. I never thought it would be done so quick!!

i'll get more photos in May and post here for you
    12th VISIT APRIL 2017 ******TRULEY IN LOVE WITH ARUBA!!!*****

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    wow, fast indeed guess they want to keep everyone happy with those yummy pizza's. good job at the divi!

Just got home Friday night from a week at The Divi. The new pizza bar is moving at rapid pace as is the upgrades to the front of the Divi and the front desk area. The have the new pizza oven framed and we're working on the plaster of the outside of the oven when we left. Alexander, nice young man who has been working the pizza bar for a few years, said about 3 weeks till its up and running. They will then open the new are and begin demo on the old pizza bar. It will be an enclosed Mexican Restaurant.

They have started on the new units in front of the Vista Units. Workers said it should be 5 stories and last they heard would be honeymoon suites. The said the plans have changed a few times so they are not sure what it will entail when done. You can see the construction from the parking lot.

They are redoing the facade in tile with blue lights. It looks nice, but I truly liked the wood better. It was nostalgic but I know they must keep up with the new hotels. The lobby is getting little updates. Most is behind the front desk and in the ceiling. Same light colors and blue lights. Javier said the are making some changes of enclosing the Roof in the lobby. That, the new pizza bar and the new building could shut down the beautiful breeze we are used to in the lobby pool area.

I must say say the food was the best this time than ever before. The evening entertainment could be better but is tolerable. This was our 7 visit to the Divi and it feels like home with wonderful staff. My main concern is the cost of the upgrades being passed on to the the already outrageous price of the Divi. I have and never will pay full price for a room. We either so the half off or use Trivago and find a good discount or we stay somewhere else. I cannot justify $600 a night for 2 adults. We eat great and drink a lot, but in know way does it come close to $600. Love that place though.

Thanks for the update on the renos!! Just curious, I know you had difficulty getting the 35% off sale online. We're you able to resolve it?

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    white5wv - thanks so much for the great detailed description, we are so anxious about the changes and hope it doesn't get too busy. 5 stories that is going to be weird to see as the vista bldgs. only 2 stories. I wonder if the extra guests will all have an impact on seating at the bars etc. or waiting for drinks, pizza's etc. I wonder if they will change the design of the pizza bar to accommodate more seats like at the Tam. My husband's hangout is in the lobby reading he enjoys the breeze so that hopefully will not change like you think it might. I am glad they didn't totally shut down the pizza bar while building the new as it would cause some employees to lose out on working. Thanks again for the updates

Awesome everyone ! Glad to see all the response to my post ! 37 days until we are there and we just can't wait !

We are going back to the Divi at the end of August - it will seem strange that it is not as it was

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum....your first posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick1968 View Post
    We are going back to the Divi at the end of August - it will seem strange that it is not as it was

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast