Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Divi All Inclusive Questions

Lightbulb Jmho

LOL , and just our opinion, dh is grandson to Italian immigrants and the last place he would ever order Italian food is anywhere on the island of Aruba. "Been there done that" and been burned one too many times at various places over the course of 20 visits in the last 16 years.

From our our experience in 4 visits to the Tamarijn, some food for thought-

I have to say that though the Red Parrot is our favorite, we have found Paparazzi to be just fine as long as we stay away from the "traditional" Italian entrees. I for one love the Filetto di Manzo alla Gorgonzola- Grilled beef tenderloin with spinach ravioli, Portobello and gorgonzola sauce.

Some of our favorites at the Red Parrot include:

"Caesar Salad
    Salad of green romaine lettuce tossed with traditional garlic anchovy dressing, grated parmesan cheese and croutons
    Escargot
    Snails sautéed with garlic and shallots in tomato white wine sauce gratinated with Parmesan cheese
    Dutch Onion Soup
    Classic Dutch onion soup with grated Gouda cheese
    Coconut Shrimp
    Coconut breaded shrimp served with pumpkin risotto, curry banana sauce and mango chutney
    Beef Tenderloin
    Grilled filet of beef tenderloin with potatoes, onions, bacon, carrots served with creamy pepper corn sauce
    Rum Raisin ice cream "

Please let us know if you are ever able to make advance reservations for dinner prior to arrival. We have tried at least 3 of our 4 visits and were never ever successful. Our last stay we ended up making a reservation at Windows on Aruba instead to insure an ala carte dinner. Upon arrival, we have usually been able to get a reservation at one of the ala carte restaurants on our day of arrival albeit, late, 9 pm.

When I inquired as to why the restaurants are closed to further reservations and the restaurant was not full, the reply was that it was due to staffing to accommodate days off as well as vacations. Honestly I would rather have dinner in a half full restaurant where the service is good rather than a packed restaurant where you cannot even get a glass of water. But that is just me. From my experience in restaurant management, a restaurant cannot be expected to hire extra staff to accommodate absences due to vacations. It is just not practical.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I have to say that though the Red Parrot is our favorite, we have found Paparazzi to be just fine as long as we stay away from the "traditional" Italian entrees. I for one love the Filetto di Manzo alla Gorgonzola- Grilled beef tenderloin with spinach ravioli, Portobello and gorgonzola sauce.

That beef tenderloin dish sounds delicious! Making a mental note to try that when I'm there!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Lasagna with cottage cheese...that's a mortal sin!!!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    the thing i always liked about the RED Parrot and Paparazzi is their portions are not overwhelmingly huge.
    portion size is perfect.

so often when an entree is placed in front of us at restaurants, here at home or in aruba, the first words are "oh my" due to the SIZE.

Fpr the past 2 yrs, red Parrot added Prime Rib to the menu. Extremely large portion with exceptional flavor. Recall one evening when serving to dw, waiter commented "Who erdered the half cow?" Pork tenderloin is also an excellent selection.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

I had the Prime Rib last year. You are right...it was a HUGE portion. I had the waiter wrap up what I couldn't finish and had it for breakfast with my eggs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123