Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Divi Aruba All Inclusive

Divi Aruba All Inclusive

Hi

I am knew to this forum, but found it really helpfull when we where looking for somewhere to book for our honeymoon.

I am please to say that yesterday we took the plunge and booked the above hotel for our honeymoon in May next year.

If anyone has stayed here could you please give me some tips. Also does anyone know what the local alcoholic drinks that are included in the all inclusive are? My husband to be is a bitter drinker (we are from England) and doesnt really like spirits apart from Southern Comfort. I suppose if need be we could take some with us

I look forward to chatting with you all

Jan x

Arrow Welcome to the forum

For information on food and beverage at the resort you can use reviews for both the Tamarijn and Divi. Both properties share all facilities and amenities, including bars and restaurants.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/divi%20review.html
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/tamarijn%20review.html

http://www.diviaruba.com/faq.php
    "What types of liquor is available at the resorts?
    A wide variety of liquor is served at the two properties, including international and local beer, rum, vodka, gin, Scotch, tequila, bourbon, cognac and liqueurs, red and white wine, white zinfandel, and non-alcoholic beer."

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/divi%20alcohol.html

Is there a specific brand he is looking for?

I have a picture from when we went to the Divi in 2004. This picture has the following in it:

Grand Marnier
    Bacardi
    Stolichnaya
    Beefeater
    Dekuyper Apricot Brandy
    Southern Comfort
    Cranberry juice

The bartender had invented his own drink, including all of the above. He named it the AFLAC. When asked why, he said "Because when you're done with one of these, you're gonna need insurance!"

Jan-

We just got married at the Divi All Inclusive this past May. There were definitely a lot of others on their honeymoon as well.

My biggest advice for you is to book your dinner reservations the first day that you get there, also make sure you get off the resort one night for dinner.

The bartenders are great. Tip them and they will take great care of you! Many will remember your favorite drinks and will go out of your way to make sure you are having a great time. Randolph is one of my favorites!

Have an amazing time!
    Suzanne

You will love the Divi. The beach is so beautiful. Ask for a room in the Vista II ocean view ground floor. That way you can walk right out your patio right to the beach Personally we find those rooms to be better then the Lanai rooms wich are beach front. But not any better in my book. Or closer to the ocean. They do have Southern Comfort too. Do make your dinner reservations early. The Red Parrot is so yummy ! Any more questions just ask. I have stayed at the Divi many times so I know it pretty well. Have fun and congrats on your wedding !

Thanks for all your advice, Kev will be made up they have Southern Comfort :0

Dividiviprincess thanks for the advice about the room, I cant wait I am more excited about the honeymoon than the wedding lol

Janpage
    WE are doing to the Divi Aruba AI in 2 weeks... look us up I can let you know...
    Last edited by pxQueen; 08-25-2010 at 09:46 PM. Reason: typo
    Karla

Quote Originally Posted by janpage View Post
    Thanks for all your advice, Kev will be made up they have Southern Comfort :0

Dividiviprincess thanks for the advice about the room, I cant wait I am more excited about the honeymoon than the wedding lol
    Haahaa thats cute. You will have lots of fun !

GHM
    Just got back from two weeks at the Tamarijn, and visited the Divi many times. The bars all serve premium brands, so all the usual ones that you will recognise. No best bitter obviously, but Balashi is the local beer, a pilsner lager, which is very good.

In addition to the Red Parrot restaurant (which is excellent), the Sandpiper restaurant has recently opened, right on the beach by the Sandpiper Bar. A limited menu, but great location and food. Also, visit the Paparazzi restaurant at the Tam, which is just about up there with the Red Parrot.

Quote Originally Posted by GHM View Post
    Just got back from two weeks at the Tamarijn, and visited the Divi many times. The bars all serve premium brands, so all the usual ones that you will recognise. No best bitter obviously, but Balashi is the local beer, a pilsner lager, which is very good.

In addition to the Red Parrot restaurant (which is excellent), the Sandpiper restaurant has recently opened, right on the beach by the Sandpiper Bar. A limited menu, but great location and food. Also, visit the Paparazzi restaurant at the Tam, which is just about up there with the Red Parrot.
    Do you remember what beer (if any) they have on tap besides Balashi?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast