Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Divi aruba all inclusive

Divi aruba all inclusive

Hi all,
    I am getting a little concerned reading the trip advisor reviews for the divi AI resort as alot are quite negative regarding the staff and food and rooms. I have booked to go 31st Aug and was wondering if any of you out there have been recently and have good reports. i visited this resort 3 years ago and it was absolutly lovely then. Have things changed so drastcally?

We have been going to the Divi AI twice a year for the past 4 years. I love it there. That said my only real criticism would be the food at the buffet is pretty average. The selections at times were not to our liking. However we had great meals at the Red Parrot and we generally go off resort for a few meals. The staff IMO are like family everyone goes out of the way to make you feel welcome and they have always been especially accommodating. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Divi. Full disclosure though, I have booked the Radisson for November basically for a change of scenery and to have the opportunity to try the many great restaurants. I fully expect we will return to the Divi in May as I feel like we're cheating on our good friends

i also have to mention that the resort while older, is very clean. I refer to it as lovingly worn. The beach is absolutely phenomenal.

Thank you Pegmeister

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Theresa - please DO NOT believe the bad reviews on TA board, that board seems to be very negative lately about our beloved Divi AL so I try not to look at it. Love this board and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Divi AL. Hubby and I have been lucky enough to have gone here for approx. the last 7-8 years and as Pegmeister says it is great! Yes the buffet could be better but the drinks are awesome and the beach will take your breath away! The staff all around the resort from housekeeping, front desk, waitstaff, bar staff etc. are EXCELLENT! I find if you are nice to people they are nice back and will remember you on your next return(s). I actually went to a resort in the high rise section 3 Xmas's ago only because of the price difference for my special birthday and I missed my Divi AL so much I cannot tell you. So go, relax and enjoy the beautiful beach and people at the Divi AL We are going back this Thanksgiving for 10 days and cannot wait, however, will miss Pegmeister and her hubby this year may just have to track them down during the week

Aruba since 1979
    As with most reviews eliminate the terrific and poor and accept the ones in the middle

We don't have to miss you. There is always Monday night at the Amsterdam Manor beach bar!

Thank you Divi Divi Fan, that is so nice to here. I agree with what you say about treating people right. So many rude people in this world. I treat people how I would want to be treated. With respect and politness. I agree the beach is amazing. When we visited 3 years ago we stayed at the Divi Beach and golf resort but spent most of our time at the Divi and Tam. That is why I was shocked to see such bad reviews as my memory of the Divi was beautiful. Great food and cocktails and Balashi. Only 6 weeks to wait now. I beleive holidays are what you make them. I certainly hope not to be negative. Have you any recommendations of a really romantic place to eat, as I would like to take my hubby off resort a few times during this trip to eat.

I think of Madame Jannetes as a romantic spot but if you are looking for water views you may prefer some place like Barefoot.

is that one on the beach? Which location is it in please

Madame Janettes is in a neighborhood just a short cab ride from the Divi. Barefoot is more going back towards downtown. At Barefoot you can get a table on the beach or under the big palapa. You can see the planes come in and watch the kids play on the dock. My preference is Madame Janettes but I know many love Barefoot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast