Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Divi aruba all inclusive

Aruba since 1979

off topic. dining discussions
    please post those in the culinary section
    sorry to be a spoil sport

As I was posting I thought oh I should be redirecting this so Andrea won't have to move it! Sorry about that!

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f12/
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-21-2013 at 10:07 AM. Reason: added in culinary

Aruba since 1979

there is a glitch in my moderating tools, so i cannot take the last few restaurant posts in this Divi thread and move to their own thread.

no need to be sorry at all!

It's my fault, still not use to the different threads Andrea.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f12/
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-21-2013 at 10:07 AM. Reason: added culinary

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/rest...0romantic.html

here are tagged threads restaurants/romantic in the culinary/culture section

don't be sorry it is no biggie
    it just makes for easier reading, searching etc if we keep things in their proper category

I am not trying to bring down the opinion of Divi, but my first stay was this past April for 1 week. The bartenders were great at Divi, but the staff at the buffet was absolutely horrendous. In 7 days of visiting the buffet, particularly breakfast, we did not get as much as a stare from the staff about if we wanted coffee or any service whatsoever. My parents stayed at Tam and said the buffet was much better than ours (even with similar options).

Service at the restaurants was quite slow by my standards, not sure if us Chicago-ans are just always in a rush

Overall the beach and the bars were fantastic and to be honest that is all that matters right? I preferred the bar atmosphere at Divi at night, but Tam was fun as well.

One thing that is often complained about is the room quality. I found the beds to be very comfortable and enjoyed the extra space in the Divi room having the couch. The double vanity in Divi bathrooms is always a must for me and my girlfriend. The shower was a little sad and the curtains were yellow - but it is old so what can you do. I really do not gripe about things like that.
    Last edited by wishman35; 10-13-2013 at 01:16 AM.

Bon Dia
    We have been going to the Divi AI for many years.....including the last several years in a row and also returning again in November. We NEVER have or had a problem at the Divi and are always able to find something we really enjoy at the buffet. The Red Parrot is great and the all around service is unbeatable. They also have the BEST beach on the Island. Don't even hesitate to return to the Divi. It IS the BEST

In 7 days of visiting the buffet, particularly breakfast, we did not get as much as a stare from the staff about if we wanted coffee or any service whatsoever.

That is simply astounding to me considering they have David the singing waiter there... there have been more than a few times over the last 13 years that the Lady and I would prefer to walk the beach to the Divi for the breakfast. I've usually found the food in the morning there a little more "prepared", no rubbery bacon, no watery eggs... both things that have been mentioned to the staff at the Tam and apparently have been changed. Well, that's great to hear. Maybe I won't have to walk for breakfast so much.

Service at the restaurants was quite slow by my standards...

You got to slow down and get into the nowhere-near-the-speed of the mainland.
    Nothing happens fast on the island, and occasionally that goes to the restaurant service as well, but hey, you're in the Caribbean,
    slow down, don't sweat it unless you have somewhere to be, and considering you're on vacation.......

5 months and 6 days to go... and it's just starting to get nasty cold here.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12