Aruba Beach

Thread: Divi Aruba Beach resort AI

Divi Aruba Beach resort AI

We are planning a trip to Aruba in march. Does anyone know how the weather is at that time. I have heard that it is windy with rough sea outside Divi resort.
    Any information will be useful.
    Is it possible to book in advance transfer from the airport to the hotel.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/search.php?searchid=389419
    check out these threads for transportation options/ideas.

typical weather is hot, windy, humid
    some days there are scattered showers that are very brief.

read the WEATHER thread posted here.
    Weather
    welcome to the forum
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-18-2009 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pivo View Post
    We are planning a trip to Aruba in march. Does anyone know how the weather is at that time. I have heard that it is windy with rough sea outside Divi resort.
    Rough seas is a chance you take. The ocean is generally calmer along Palm Beach. Lake like in fact, with the exception of during a storm.

We have stayed at the Divi's neighboring sister resort the Tamarijn during both winter and summer. Both times of year we have had days where the ocean was perfectly calm and others were the waves were on the large side. The Divi does have two very nice swimming pools.

March weather
    Average high temperature 87 F.
    Average low temperature 76 F.
    Average temperature 80 F.
    Average water temperature 79 F.
    Average windspeed 17 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 34 mph
    Average rainfall .30 inches (20.3 inches annual)

Is it possible to book in advance transfer from the airport to the hotel.
    I do not think Andrea's link is working
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/taxi%20airport.html

We went last year mid-March and it was great - no rain for the seven days were were there. Last two days were mostly cloudy, but still very warm. We also stayed at the Divi and loved it! The water was a little choppy but not bad. We are planning on going back the same week next March - hopefully!

We took a bus (DePalm?) from the airport to the hotel. The Divi was the 3-4 stop and we were there in no time. I think next time we'll take a cab however as the rate is about the same and we felt the bus picked us up too early on our return to the airport. We traveled Monday-Monday and didn't feel we needed to be at the airport so early. I have haerd on the weekends you would however. Have a great time !!

Book with Bully the Taxidriver for transport ( 1 stop about $22, up to five people max. same cost for two, very dependable).

We go every year in mid-March and it's generally better then than the times we've been there in the summer or fall. As for the water, the only time I've seen high waves or rough seas was when there was a storm passing through between the island and Venezuela.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    We go in March every year (for the past 6 years). We love this time because there is hardly any rain (we go for two weeks and sometimes see no rain or rain for 5 minutes one or two days) and relatively low humidity. The only downfall is that sometimes it can get quite windy on the beach.