Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Divi Beach and Golf not AI

Divi Beach and Golf not AI

We're staying at the Divi Golf and Beach resort for a couple weeks but not all inclusive is this a problem? Can we just charge to our room or do we need to always carry cash. Also can we go to all restaraunts and bars etc

Thanks

Mark

Ask if you can get the AI plan, if not ask about going to the Divi or Tam they are both AI

Aruba since 1979
    yes you can charge to your account/room folio.
    when you check in, they run your card and you can use the bars on divi property and the sea breeze, mulligans and windows .

if you care to use the all inclusive at the tam or divi you will have the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelownaguy View Post
    We're staying at the Divi Golf and Beach resort for a couple weeks but not all inclusive is this a problem? Can we just charge to our room or do we need to always carry cash. Also can we go to all restaraunts and bars etc

Thanks

Mark

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Can you stay at the Tam or Divi without the AI plan?

If you charge everything, you're going to pay a fortune. However the Divi Golf has full kitchens and bbq grills etc and there's a grocery right down the street.
    We stay there 2 weeks every year and haven't spent more than $500 in groceries in those 2 weeks (including beers and hard liquor)
    Liquor is also available at the airport.
    AI is great if you don't mind eating at the same 3 or 4 places all week.
    The AI plan isn't cheap either, I might be wrong, but I think it's about $125/Day for adults. You'd be hard pressed to spend $250 per couple at the grocery per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    Can you stay at the Tam or Divi without the AI plan?
    Nope!

Aruba since 1979
    we have stayed at divi dutch and divi village and did not pay a fortune. we did not eat at the DIVI or TAM restaurants.
    we did not use all inclusive although it was offered as an option.
    we did charge our bar beverages to our account. we did charge a meal or 2 on our account from the Seabreeze. all other times we ate off property or in our timeshare unit.

the Tamarijn and Divi All inclusive are ALL INCLUSIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by mattnewhampshire View Post
    If you charge everything, you're going to pay a fortune. However the Divi Golf has full kitchens and bbq grills etc and there's a grocery right down the street.
    We stay there 2 weeks every year and haven't spent more than $500 in groceries in those 2 weeks (including beers and hard liquor)
    Liquor is also available at the airport.
    AI is great if you don't mind eating at the same 3 or 4 places all week.
    The AI plan isn't cheap either, I might be wrong, but I think it's about $125/Day for adults. You'd be hard pressed to spend $250 per couple at the grocery per day.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 12-02-2010 at 08:30 AM.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We stayed at Divi Village last year. We did not use the all inclusive. We did eat there (Mulligans) several times and had the option of charging it on our bill or paying cash. The food was very good. We ate at several other restaurants downtown and nearby. We bought groceries and had breakfast and usually lunch in our condo. We also had leftovers to eat from restaurants and had that for dinner one night. We stayed in the golf villas and loved it.

Ease of use wise, it's simple to charge everything to the room. I'm going off the assumption that the OP is a first time traveler to Aruba and I was just trying to give them some insight on how not to get drunk on beer and credit card debt at the same time.
    I was just stating that if you charge it all to the room, it's easy to not keep track and get a not-so-nice suprise when you leave.
    We charged 3 10oz cups of Balashi(local beer), and 3 frozen drinks to our room and the total was $65 with tip. That's $10 a drink.
    I bought a case (24) of 12oz balashi's and paid $32. 24 12oz beers is equal to 28.8 10 oz beers. 28.8 x $10 is $288. That equals=A Fortune. $288 is 9 cases of beer.

Aruba since 1979
    ouch
    expensive!

we do the 2/1 at happy hrs and more economical.
    we've done all inclusive too at the tam and loved it. food good, drinks great :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast