Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Divi Golf Resort vs Divi Ditch Village

Smile Divi Golf Resort vs Divi Ditch Village

Hello,

This is Michelle's husband. I'm trying to help in the reservations for our trip.

We are also considering the Divi Golf Resort and Divi Ditch Village. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which one they prefer? We think we may have heard there was constructions at one of them, and want to avoid it if it is a problem. Michelle prefers resorts right on the beach but I can't seem to tell if either of them are. Expedia ranks Dutch Village higher, although Trip advisor ranks Golf Resort higher so I'm not sure which way to go.

Can anyone comment on the Rooms, view, nightlife, live music, drink prices, food? Any info that may help us would be greatly appreciated!!!

THANKS

Michelle's Dh,
    I own at Divi Village which is directly across the street from the beach...very very short walk. I have no problems walking over...however I own in the old section which is closer...the new development is a tad further away, but you can take the tram right to the beach and it will even pick you back up and take you back to your room when you are finished. The construction projects will not have any effect on your stay regardless.
    My girlfriend stayed at Divi Dutch last year and it was nice. Not all of the rooms are right on the beach, however you can walk from your room to the beach...thing is alot of the water is not accessible from the beach and your best bet is to walk over to the beach that Divi Village uses anyway....
    so long story short...depends on which is cheaper....you can use all of the ammenities at either resort so it really doesn't matter. You can also get an all inclusive package at either place now and use it at both...
    Feel free to ask more questions of all of us, I am sure I am not the only one that owns or rents from Divi,,,,
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Some links to Maps to give you an idea of locations

http://www.arubabound.com/accommo/tamarijn_map.jpg

http://www.divigolf.com/resortMap_Aruba.html

Photo below shows the proximity of the Dutch Village to the Beach

Buildings 1 - 5 of Dutch Village surrounding the swimming pool, behind the Tamarijn (see map)
    click on thumbnail to enlarge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ejYQKE4hU 20 seconds into this video shows the beach to which danadog refers that she as a Divi Village owner uses. Video quality is not the best, but the green across the street from the beach there is the golf course with Divi Links and Divi Vilage to the right.

We have always stayed at the golf village(before it actually had the golf part!) it's very close to the beach and the rooms are beautiful! We stayed at the Dutch village once and were very dissapointed with it. I'd go for the divi golf village

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........
    I stay at the Tamarijn, the dutch village sits behind it, nice and close to the beach.. We have friends that have a time share at the divi golf links, and they stay at the Tamarijn. A week at the time share and almost two weeks at the Tamarijn.. They say its nice at the timeshare, but have a much better time at the Tamarijn, but then again they like to drink.. Ive seen the rooms at the divi golf, very nice place. But Im a little spoiled, opening my slider to a perfect veiw the beach and water. No walking across the main street to get to the other side. And there is showers, that you can use right out in front these rooms that you can use to get the sand and salt off you. Ive been ten times and have not yet stepped into a pool. The ocean is great and I love it.. It all depends on what your looking for.. Have fun, I think its less expensive at the dutch village..
    Becky

Divi Village

We are staying at Divi Village. Not Golf, or Dutch. Not all inclusive. Can anyone give me some credible info? Just plain Divi Village is not even on the website! Booked through RCI exchange resort #4988. I have a 2 bedroom unit. Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    DIVI village is very nice
    it is located across the street from Tamarijn and Dutch
    it is located next door to the Divi Golf village timeshares and 9 hole golf course

it has 1 pool and the pool area in my opinon is quite shady and congested
    the pool is typical hotel sized, not huge

the units are nicely equipped and all have balconies

there are coin operated laundry facilities on the "odd" numbered floors....(or maybe even number)

the beach is across the street and there are plenty of chickee huts and lounges

all inclusive at the tamarijn will be an option for i think $90 pp per day

you will really like the divi village, it is nice, quiet, clean, well kept and nice folks

enjoy

salt and pepper restaurant and the silver kiosk on that same property. My beach at the Divi Phoenix and sipping an Amstel Bright on the jetty.

Cool Divi Dutch Village Reviews

I own at the Phoenix. The last 3 years I have visited another divi resort in St. Maartin. This year we wanted to come to Aruba in July but there is no room at the Phoenix only at Divi Dutch. I have heard so many bad things about this place that I am afraid to book my airline ticket. Can anyone tell me some good things about this place. When was it updated last. Are there bugs? --that was one of the things I heard. Please let me know. thanks

Divi Golf

Quote Originally Posted by The Mrs. View Post
    We have always stayed at the golf village(before it actually had the golf part!) it's very close to the beach and the rooms are beautiful! We stayed at the Dutch village once and were very dissapointed with it. I'd go for the divi golf village

Hi we're looking into the Divi Golf Village for March 2010. I was looking at the Studio The Villas of the Divi. Just wanted to know where this studio would be located, how nice are the studio?

Thanks
    Fran Bogert Guilmette

Aruba since 1979
    the dutch had a renovation that lasted about 2 - 3 yrs and has been completed for at least 2 yrs now...maybe 3.
    the units are nice, bright and amply equipped.
    beach access is very easy as the dutch village and the tamarijn share the beachfront area right there.
    the pools too have been renovated.
    personally, i woould not hesitate a moment and would book.

the dutch village is very quiet.
    it is very laid back and relaxed.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by janet57 View Post
    I own at the Phoenix. The last 3 years I have visited another divi resort in St. Maartin. This year we wanted to come to Aruba in July but there is no room at the Phoenix only at Divi Dutch. I have heard so many bad things about this place that I am afraid to book my airline ticket. Can anyone tell me some good things about this place. When was it updated last. Are there bugs? --that was one of the things I heard. Please let me know. thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast