pier

Thread: Divi Pool Renovations

Divi Pool Renovations

Hi,
    Earlier last month there was a post regarding the swimming pool at the Divi being enlarged and in-pool lounge chairs put in. Can anyone elaborate on that, was it the main pool? We are coming in September, staying at the Tam but spend alot of time at the Divi pool with our friends that stay there. I am hoping that if it is the main pool it will all be completed by then.
    Thanks for any info.

We just got back from the Divi. Construction on the addition to the main pool has started but not sure as to when it will be completed. The main pool has not been effected and is still open during all the construction. Should be nice when it's done.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the reply! I am excited to see the changes. We leave in exactly 3 months today!! Seems like we just booked it..time sure does fly by fast.

Divi All inclusive is the best !!! Curtis is the BEST bartender EVER !!! Hi Curtis !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by peapod View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I am excited to see the changes. We leave in exactly 3 months today!! Seems like we just booked it..time sure does fly by fast.
    Hello there, It was probably me that posted that We were just there in April, May and stayed right outside the construction for the pool. We were told by one of the bartenders they are going to put in water loungers in the new pool. Sounds really cool ! Construction is very slow there, so it might not be done when you go. But hope for the best ! Take some pics for us so we can see the progress. Also dont stay in Vista I if you dont want to hear hammering outside your door at 7:00 AM LOL

mac

pool

by main pool, do you mean the one up by the road, or the infinity pool by the gold course?

Mac, I am referring to the "main" pool that is by the buffet and bar.

DiviDiviPrincess, I believe you are correct that was your post that I read. My husband and I stay at the Tam so won't be bothered by the construction noise, however, our friends from Pittsburgh stay at the Divi and we spend most of our time at that pool. It is larger, alot more scenic I think and there are not quite as many youngsters in that pool.
    We always take pictures, so if I can figure out how to upload some on the forum (technologically challenged) I will most certainly do that!

mac

divi pool renovations

anyone have any pics of the work going on? just wonder how and which way they are enlarging it

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    anyone have any pics of the work going on? just wonder how and which way they are enlarging it

Hi there,
    I was just there and asked about the divi pool. What they are doing is making a "wading pool" with lounge chairs built in for 'lounging adults." They are working slow, but I can understand because of the heat... but they could not give me a completion date. It did not effect the other pool. I did take a picture and if I can figure out how to place it on the gallery, then I will be ok.

lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Aruba since 1979
    i see the photo in your gallery of what you have labeled as the divi wading pool.....
    it loos like they are building a walkway or a wall of some sort?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i see the photo in your gallery of what you have labeled as the divi wading pool.....
    it loos like they are building a walkway or a wall of some sort?

It is unsure of what it will be because we could not get that close to the construction. But yes it does look like a walk way around the wading pool.

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa