Aruba Beach

Thread: Divi Questions

Divi Questions

We recently have changed from the Occidental to Divi all inclusive ( just couldn't take the bad reviews anymore). We're going 5 days in Jan 2011 and have a lanai room reserved. I've read the Vist I and II rooms are a bit nicer and they've been making upgrades- anyone recently stayed in the lanai rooms and know if they've made changes and it's nicer. Some people had some pretty nasty pics online, with mold and bugs but that was 2008, so have changes been made? Any specific Lanai room we should request?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Also, has anyone taken the windsurfing lessons they offer? Any suggestions on this?

Aruba since 1979
    i can only speak of the windsurfing........
    my son now age 24, took the windsurfing lessons every day for a week in 2004,05 and 06.
    he loved it and learned pretty well.
    couple of times he had to be "rescued" as he was heading towards panama

i suggest if you are going to be taking the windsurfing lessons, be in good shape with a lot of upper body strength. also too, get over to the watersports area early and sign up to get get the time that you want.

Thanks for that info- My husband is really excited about trying it!

The Vista bldg are great if you get the ones near the beach and pool, there are 4 to 6 rooms that face the spa, there is a side in vista 1 that faces a parking area, the Lania rooms all face the beach, we just got back from 10 days at the Tam, but visited the Divi. The grounds are all beautiful there are now hammocks all around the Vista bldg, Cassitas and Lania rooms. Go to diviallinclusive.com call the Maine office #800 and tell them what you are looking for and ask for either Jennifer or Gretchan and let them make a suggestion depending on your expectations.

Divi

Hopefully, your rooms will be fine. When I was at the Divi in May, I was in Building C and was bitten every night for 7 nights and found blood stains on the sheets when I first arrived. I had no idea that was a sign of bed bugs. It appeared that everyone on my side was bitten and we were told that it was probably sand fleas. However, I never went to the ocean. Just at the pool. I believe the side you will be on will be better. I have never experienced this and I have travelled all over the world. Their Corprate Office seemed not to care because they knew it was nothing I would be able to do since this happened in a foreign country.

The food was excellent and the staff was very friendly. I got exterminators when I returned home and Stanley Cleaner to vacuum my mattress, carpet and furniture. I spend over $1,000 for this and had medical treatment. I would never stay there again. Howver, the newer units are much better from my understanding. As far as the bugs go, it is true. Hopefully, they have taken care of this problem. Good luck and have a good time, but check the sheets for any sign of red or black stains.

I figure if I walk in the room and think "ew" I'll just asked to move- heard they're pretty accomendating- the bed bug thing is just gross....but can I ask, if you saw blood on the sheets why even stay? I'd refuse to sleep in that room. Ack!