Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Divi Resort Dress code

Divi Resort Dress code

Hello!!

I was wondering if a nice "dressy" tank top with designer jeans and sandals would be appropriate attire for dinner at the Divi and Tamarijn? I guess I'm just wondering if people have worn jeans to dinner?? What about for men?

thanks!!

Absolutely positively appropriate. However, with that being said, you might be warm in Aruba in denim jeans. Arubans wear long jeans, but I have always thought it was perhaps due to the fact that they were "used to" the heat.

You do not say when you will be in Aruba, but night time average low this time of year is 80 degrees F. If you think you will be hot, how about a dressy pair of shorts instead? Winter time lows are about 76 degrees F. but remember too, these are the "middle" of the night temps.

Dd and I wear sundresses. Dh wears cotton twill shorts with a button down short sleeved shirt.

Those nice tops and jeans will be fine. I wear a cane cutter shirt to dinner over jeans all the time but try to look spiffy out of respect for the higher end restaurants.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

That will be fine. As mentioned you may be warm, but you will be totally appropiate while on either of the Resorts.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, steering wheel in one hand, Martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “Haaa Wooo” what a ride!!!"

Thanks!! I was pretty sure it would be fine, but just wanted to double check. However, i may rethink jeans and go with a few skirts instead

I wear shorts on the airplane and everywhere I go in Aruba. I never wear shoes or sneakers, only sandals. I have never felt "underdressed".

No sweaters of jackets either.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Banned
    We went over there a few weeks ago from the divi dutch. tank tops are frowned upon in the a la cartes, but not buffet. most men had on nice bermuda type shorts and polo shirts, sneakers, shoes, dressy flip flops. women were wearing nice shorts and short sleeve shirts, sundresses, shoes, dressy flip flops. Dressy casual at best. Only a few were very dressed up. some had dungarees on. too warm for me!!

Bishop: But, if a female is wearing a "dressy" tank top....it shouldn't be frowned upon...??? I can see them frowning upon men wearing tank tops, but women?? Are you sure??? What are other's opinions about dressy type tank tops?

I don't think my husband even owns any tank tops so, we don't have to worry there.

Cool "Dressy" Tank Top is OK

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with a woman wearing a "dressy" tank top to a nice restaurant in Aruba. Indeed, you see many women wear them to the office in the summer (business casual look) and I think that many would agree that there is a difference between workout wear and what is being described in the posts in this thread. As for men and tank tops, I don't know of any/am not aware of any "dressy" tops that are made for men (they are mainly of the workout variety i.e. you would never see a man wear one to the office), hence, I would frown upon a man wearing a tank top in a nice restaurant.

After this tank top discussion I will certainly pay close attention to the women's wear at the Tamarijn and Divi in June.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast