Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Divi/Tam ala carte restaurants

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........

I'll be there in October, never really had such a long wait before.. And always glad to visit with the girls behind the counter. You can always call from your room. There is a menu for all of the Restaurants at the counter, so check them out and when you find something that isnt good on the buffet, book your night for dinner. Most of the time the buffet is good. Just wish after eleven visits to the Tam, they would switch the menu up a little bit.. The cook definately has it down on what they have to cook day by day.. Owell, I cant have everything, just give me the sun and some warm water and all my friends, thats always a good time...

Although this is just speculation, part of the problem could be related to the increased promotion of the all-inclusive package to the guests staying at the other Divi properties. In March, we visited we a large number of folks who were staying at Divi Village, Divi Dutch, and Divi Links. Add those folks to a sold out Tam and Divi-Divi, and there is an overload. We were very fortunate in March and for the two weeks, we were always able to get reservations where we wanted. Sometimes very late, but I don't mind sipping wine in Paparrazi lounge.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    Although this is just speculation, part of the problem could be related to the increased promotion of the all-inclusive package to the guests staying at the other Divi properties. In March, we visited we a large number of folks who were staying at Divi Village, Divi Dutch, and Divi Links. Add those folks to a sold out Tam and Divi-Divi, and there is an overload. We were very fortunate in March and for the two weeks, we were always able to get reservations where we wanted. Sometimes very late, but I don't mind sipping wine in Paparrazi lounge.
    I didn't know that they were doing all inclusive at the other properties. I can see where that would overwhelm the restaurants.

They started offering the all inclusive to guests at the Divi Village/Links and Dutch sometime between May and October of 2008. I believe the cost is $100/day per person. Not a bad deal as it includes drinks.
    We did not have an issue making reservations a day in advance for the Red Parrot in October.
    Nancy K

Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy K View Post
    I can never get the stupid countdown thingy to work.

Lisa, What am I doing wrong?
    My guess is that there are one too many zero's in 2009. If that does not work I will look further.

Just from an information point...One of the concierges told dh point blank that he could call instead of wait in line, but because all of those/these people took the time to stand there, she was going to give them "preference".

In a perfect world , I would like to see an advance reservation where folks could make their dinner reservation from home for their first night's dinner.

I am not too thrilled about buffet dinners, but more so after waking up at the crack of dawn and traveling all day. It is nice to sit and relax and have someone else serve the food. Just mho.

For all you frequent visitors, if you have any "secrets" to get around that issue, please feel free to PM me.

Wink We had little problems with reserving

Hi there.,
    My husband and I went in Sept last year and we did have to wait until night #2 to get a reservation. We actually didn't realize that we needed a reservation and showed up at the Red parrot with 2 of our friends and we able to get in by chance.....
    We called on the phone in the room. I hope that we are able to get reservations and palapas without too much issue when we go the first week of october. I also hope that it isn't the "rainy" month done there.
    Have fun.....it is truly a beautiful island!!

Stacy

Tamarijn Hotel

How is eating in there resturants for breakfast and lunch? Do you have any problems with that?
    Also, has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn? How does that place look?

Quote Originally Posted by mgenestra View Post
    How is eating in there resturants for breakfast and lunch? Do you have any problems with that?
    No problems with finding eating space at the buffets. When we were at the Tamarijn in June and the resort was sold out they opened addtional seating.

Also, has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn? How does that place look?
    When trying to decide between the Holiday Inn and Tam, our travel agent guided us toward the Tam in that she stated the food was much better. We have not had any complaints about the food at the Tam and think an even bigger advantage is the all oceanfront, beachfront rooms.

We are going to the Tam in 3 weeks and I have been going 3 years in a row now, You can get dinning most nights you want them however if you want to eat right at opening for example you will need to get in line early if you want to wait till 6:30-or later you can make it a day before or day of

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast