Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hockeymom

Thread: Divi/Tam Beach

Divi/Tam Beach

Forgot to mention in my trip report - the beach at the Divi and Tam was the widest I've seen it in the 5 years we've been going. The "pelican poles" were almost out of the water. Don't think the pelicans like that since they were not sitting on the poles! Lots of room the whole length of the Tam beach, even down by the Bunker bar. No drop off's either. Waves were a little rough the first few days, but no damage. So to all of you leaving soon, enjoy!

Glad to hear there are no drop offs. I had one trip where I needed help getting out. The waves got me and I ended up with some good scrapes. I've since figured out how to time the waves and know when to just head to the pool.

I know what you mean. I got slammed last year. Waves were kicking up a bit the first few days we were there, but they calmed down. By the time we left, they were almost non-existent.

See by your ticker that it's time for your trip - so jealous!!! Enjoy!

Awesome news ! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    Forgot to mention in my trip report - the beach at the Divi and Tam was the widest I've seen it in the 5 years we've been going. The "pelican poles" were almost out of the water. Don't think the pelicans like that since they were not sitting on the poles! Lots of room the whole length of the Tam beach, even down by the Bunker bar. No drop off's either. Waves were a little rough the first few days, but no damage. So to all of you leaving soon, enjoy!
    Additional to hockeymom's comments, for nearly our entire 2 wks, the surf-line was total sand! No broken shells/coral. Definitely no need to bring watershoes this year. Vividly remember many years when it was difficult to enter the water without watershoes. Did experience a few days with approx. a 12" dropoff @ surf-line. Nothing serious.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

I don't think the poor pelicans like being "exposed" with their posts being so close to the edge of the water. I didn't see them sitting there all week. Those posts don't look like they are going to last much longer anyway.

I could use a little time in a lounge right now watching the pelicans dive!!

Tam beach conditions

Hi, Bunker Bar Nation, we are vacationing at the Tam April 21 to 29....are the beaches in good shape ?

I just got home a few days ago and the beaches were quite wide. No drop off while I was there although there was a hint of one developing at the Divi side.

Ah, the beaches this year.... pretty strange to say the least.
    Those familiar with the mooring posts in front of the Divi Winds shack will be amazed to hear that the number has gone down from about 8 or 9 posts to 4. And one of those is close to disappearing.
    The beaches were wide... really wide. Is that the right term? There was a lot of beach between the buildings and the water.
    And it did indeed stretch a long way up the shore. The Lady and I walked the beach every morning, and every morning it was distinctly different.
    Again, the wonder of Mother Nature at work.

Druif Beach is getting something of a palapa facelift... going from a single row of "first come first served" palapas to (just before we left last Sunday) three rows.

Gotta say, the idea of the overcrowded beach doesn't really impress me, but the truth is, it's a public beach. It's pretty decent of whoever made the decision to put them there.

Interesting note.... we watched the guys from the Divi Winds put up three portable umbrellas, BIG ones.... yeah, I know, I expected projectiles too, but they were really well anchored. They didn't budge in the winds...
    I guess it can be done.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com