Aruba Beach

Thread: Divi, Tam, Manchebo? Bottled beer at AIs?

Question Divi, Tam, Manchebo? Bottled beer at AIs?

I'm headed to Aruba with my boyfriend. Can't decide where to stay -- as usual I am overthinking things. Have narrowed it down to Divi, Tam or Manchebo -- beach seems so much nicer and more spacious than high rise area. We'd also consider Bucuti but would prefer AI for the simplicity.

Want a great beach, decent room, and enough variety of food / drink. We are not huge drinkers but enjoy relaxing and having a few beers / drinks on vacation. We can always go out for drinks or dinner for some variety. Any thoughts?

Also one random question, I prefer to drink beer (rather than mixed drinks or wine) but really don't like draft beer. Do that Tam and Divi only have draft beer?

Any Aruba beach...
    Divi and Tamarijn only offer draft beer and availability of brands vary though they both always offer Balashi, the local beer.

Beach rankings from best to worst:
    1. Manchebo
    2. Divi
    3. Tamarijn

Best view from room:
    All rooms at the Tamarijn are oceanfront.

Cannot speak for the food at the Manchebo, though you rarely hear of people raving about their all inclusive. The Divi and Tamarijn are very popular resorts and we have found their food to be more than adequate.

FWIW, I know at the Tamarijn all of the rooms have mini-fridges and we supplemented our AI beer selections with bottles of Amstel Bright purchased at the nearby supermarket.

Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    The ocean view rooms at the Divi are pretty good as well, the pic in my avatar was taken from the patio of our room a couple years ago. If you are interested in the beach, I would suggest the Divi over the Tam. The beach in front of the rooms at the Tam isn't suitable for laying out or water access in many places. It can also be a long walk for food and (more importantly) drinks if you end up at the far end of the resort.