Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Divi or Tamarijn

tam blocks

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Beaches View Post
    We go for the Tam all ocean front, it is more family, but by far not over run with unbehaved kids, we are late 50's no kids. Also you can use both properties & restaurants, either one you choose you will like, again we prefer the Tam. overall for the beach, look at the 1300,1400 buildings.

Hi Sunny beaches
    do you remember your room number in the 1300-1400 block.. just trying to get a feel for the lay of the land...

Lisa

Tamarijn or Divi Aruba All Inclusive?

We are booking a trip to Aruba for our first time.
    We definitely want to go the "all-inclusive route."
    Right now we are debating between Tamarijn All Inclusive or Divi Aruba All Inclusive packages.

Any suggestions?
    Thank You

Welcome to the forum

We have stayed at the Tamarijn 4 times, with our 5th stay coming up soon.

I would consider:
    A tiny bit more upscale (Divi) vs. all oceanfront rooms (Tamarijn)
    Cost- more upscale = higher cost most of the time
    Kids vs. no kids- Tamarijn is much more geared towards kids
    Pool- much nicer pool area at the Divi vs. the Tamarijn

To get a better feel for each resort, you could also read through

www.aruba.com/forum/tags/tamarijn%20review.html

and

www.aruba.com/forum/tags/divi%20review.html

I also have photos of the Tamarijn here.
    The bathrooms have since been updated. You can view these photos on the Tamarijn's facebook page.

I have photos of the Divi here.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 07-01-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Tamarjin

We have always stayed at the Tamarjin you always have beach front rooms and they are on the beach , Also its along Beach, plenty of room for everyone , the golf buggys take you up and down to the Divi.The Divi looks are perhaps better in the public areas, Like the canopy beds ect..I Just feel the Tamarjin is a little friendlier.Dont forget you can eat at both ,(well you can if you book from the Uk Not sure about other countries)...I am sure which ever you pick you will enjoy, It is better at the low rise where the Tamarjin and Divi are much more space beach wise ...and its cheap on the Bus to the High rise ...Have a Loveley time

Aruba since 1979
    yup when staying at the tam or the divi one can eat at any of their on site restaurants.

welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

Quote Originally Posted by glynis View Post
    We have always stayed at the Tamarjin you always have beach front rooms and they are on the beach , Also its along Beach, plenty of room for everyone , the golf buggys take you up and down to the Divi.The Divi looks are perhaps better in the public areas, Like the canopy beds ect..I Just feel the Tamarjin is a little friendlier.Dont forget you can eat at both ,(well you can if you book from the Uk Not sure about other countries)...I am sure which ever you pick you will enjoy, It is better at the low rise where the Tamarjin and Divi are much more space beach wise ...and its cheap on the Bus to the High rise ...Have a Loveley time

It's my first time too and after much searching I went with the Tam. It was cheaper and all the rooms are oceanfront view! But the Tam is known for being family friendly as I read in a lot of tripadvisor reviews which was fine for myself since we're traveling as a family. You didn't mention who you were going with. On youtube there are videos of the rooms and the rooms did look crowded but I knew that we would only go there to sleep so we didn't mind much. Plus they look very clean.

Here are some reviews I read before deciding. Take every review with a grain of salt.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...tad_Aruba.html

Here is a video of a room at the Tam. One "queen" and another "king" size

This was shot in 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcZydnKjj-g

And in 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS6kGSHtCco

New French Doors to

The Tam is upgrading not only the bathrooms but the french doors, Bedding and some decor in the rooms ,We Usually had 2 queen size beds block12 as they have a ground floor disabled room ..Pre ask for blocks 12 to 15 they have good beach access and not far from the main Resturants shops ect , there is a buggy stop just behind by the car park ..takes you to Divi golf to windows and The Divi..Handy if you can not walk far!!!Or you have children. Plus there are connecting rooms for families..Hope this helps.I shall miss the Tam this year but will pay a few visits as we have made many friends there..

Ps Thankyou for the welcome to the forums dont know why I have not joined befor most informative...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123