Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Divi/Tamarijn Cyber Monday?

Ameestdam AI prices for comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Doing the math and dividing by 50%. The room for 2 @ the tamarin for May or November is about $280 p night b4 taxes. Lisa is that less than the AM all inclusive?
    I was thinking maybe us in Nov @ one of the AI properties.
    This is from the AM website, looks like the AI is in addition to the room so at $130 per person per night, I doubt it will be better than that deal. Good restaurant selections at AM as long as the smell is gone

All Inclusive

The All Inclusive Program cost an additional $130 per person per day on top of the room rate. The price is the same for high and low season and includes 15% service charge and 1.5% government tax. The price for children 4-11 is $65 per day, 12-17 is $100 per day.
    Prices are valid from Dec 21, 2014 to Dec 2015.
    The All-Inclusive program can be booked with a 3 night minimum. Some features are only included when booked for minimum 7 nights All-Inclusive (see below).
    The following features are included:

• Daily American breakfast buffet at Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
    • Daily a-la-carte lunch at Passions Beach Bar or Tulip Restaurant
    • Daily a-la-carte dinner at Mango's Restaurant or Tulip Restaurant
    • One a-la-carte dinner at Passions on the Beach* (3-6 days)
    • Two a-la-carte dinners per week at Passions on the Beach* (min. 7 days)
    • One off-property dinner per week at selected restaurants (min. 7 days)
    • Weekly theme nights at Mango's Restaurant
    • Unlimited house-brand and premium beverages and cocktails at the Sunset Upper-Deck Bar, Passions Beach Bar and Mango's restaurant
    • Weekly Manager's Cocktail Party with snacks
    • Free use of floats and snorkel equipment
    • Free use of mountain bikes

Last edited by Traceyd14; 11-24-2014 at 09:34 PM. Reason: pricing updates for 2015

Aruba since 1979
    thanks tracey

I just saw this elsewhere. Since deals are never as good as we are led to believe, I priced a stay at the Divi for the dates we'd like to travel in April. The website shows Divi gardenview $613 ($551.70 with a 10% discount) and beachside $638 ($574.20 with 10% discount). The Tam is $563 ($506.70 10%). These are all-inclusive.

The price I can get at our good 'ol Hol Inn, in the ocean front room is $274 (which is the refundable rate), it's a little cheaper if you prepay.

I am going to check on Monday and see if they really do offer a 50% discount. Or, will there be restrictions? Only on odd numbered days, in odd numbered rooms with no bathroom..... I'm sure not that bad, but I'm skeptical so I will see.

I've not previously considered either property and we are not all-inclusive type people so I will do some homework before Monday and check with hubby to see if he would consider this should it be a primo deal.

I will peruse past posts for pros and cons about the properties.

Aruba since 1979
    $274 at holiday inn all inclusive for 2 or per person?

Sorry, should have clarified. The $274 at the Holiday Inn is just the room; 2 people (like I said, it is the rate for the king, full oceanview). Their rate can be as low as $168 for a room with no view and prepayment, not refundable (not taking that risk with kids going in other directions). Hol Inn not the place I would go all-inclusive.

And just a couple questions RE Divi AI, as I know DH will ask. Can you eat at a restaurant each meal or do you have to eat at a buffet? And, what drinks/beer are included; bottom shelf, only certain mixed drinks, certain beers? Thanks.

AI at the Tam/Divi means AI.... no restrictions, 6 restaurant/buffets to choose from, don't have to eat where told, top shelf liquor for those it matters to, whatever beer they serve, which is pretty much Amstel and Balashi. Other than that, you can buy your favourite american beer at the grocery store.
    Biggest bummer is, there's no deal if you live north of the border.
    Would someone please remind the good folks at the Tamarijn and Divi that there are people from places OTHER than the US?
    And, some of us are pretty freakin' loyal and constant in the return department.
    Ahem.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Thanks for the info!

Aruba since 1979
    mr ratt.........does the cyber monday deal NOT include canadians?
    i could understand maybe not including nazis or something as heinous.......but geesh, canadians?

Seemingly it is that way... if you're looking for a booking through the online site, well, every airport in the lower 48 seems to be there, likely every city as well, however, there are NO Canadian listings.... which would lead one to believe that the offer's not open to those not capable of making the necessary online - spur of the moment arrangements.
    Ever tried to book tickets or anything online only to be run about in circles, only to realize that if the listing isn't there, it ain't happenin'?
    If there's something I'm missing on the website, please let me know...
    You'd figure after 20 and 15 years respectively, one might get a bit of a break...
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast