Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Divi Village in Room Safe Question

Divi Village in Room Safe Question

Hi all,

I know the divi village has an in room safe but (and i know this sounds crazy) but i need to find out how big it is. The reason i ask is i need to be able to fit my ipad and nikon D60 camera inside of it and i have no idea if it will hold these items. If it doesn't then i dont want to bring them.
    If anyone has any inside info that would help. I have contacted divi resorts but they just told me a laptop wouldnt fit (doesnt tell me much of actual size though)

Thanks in advance.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    There are three sections to Divi Village. The original part which is Divi Village, Divi Golf Villas, and the Residences. I'm not sure if they all have the same safes, as they were built at different times. I've stayed in the Golf Villas and the Residences. I'm not sure if your ipad or camera would fit in them. We always take a laptop, a very nice camera and a camcorder. We just put them out of sight when we leave the room, and have never had any problems. On our last visit, my husband left a money clip on the kitchen counter by mistake while the cleaning people were in the room. He went back to the room later and it was laying exactly where he left it with all of the money still there. I wouldn't advise doing that, but I don't think you have to worry about anyone taking your things. If you have a ground floor unit, there will be a wooden bar at the sliding glass door to your patio. Make sure you put that in place whenever you leave the room and when you go to bed. There have been a few reports of outsiders testing the doors to see if they are unlocked and breaking in. Not many reports, but a few. Its always good to be cautious.

Thanks for the information, I will be staying at divi village im sure its the original one.
    Ill take your advise and just slightly hide my valuables when not in the room. My passport and money will fit in the safe though won't it ? im sure it would as thats usually the purpose of the in room safes.

Your passport and wallets will fit very easily in the safe. You might be able to get either your ipad or camera in there also, but I'm not sure. Glad you found someone to go with you. Have fun on One Happy Island! Be sure to write about your trip when you get back. We will all be anxious to hear all about it.

Will do , thanks all !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jtwcarboy View Post
    Will do , thanks all !!!
    I looked at my son's ipad tonight. It will easily fit in the safe at Divi. You can probably get your camera in there too, so no worries...
    Last edited by hatteras; 07-14-2012 at 11:03 PM.

More important than the internal dimensions is the size of the door opening. It's often somewhat smaller than the internal dimensions of the safe.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    More important than the internal dimensions is the size of the door opening. It's often somewhat smaller than the internal dimensions of the safe.

good point

I emailed the hotel and they said anything that won't fit (and they think my camera won't fit) I can lock in the safe at the front desk.

I don't know how to post older posts, but Arubalisa had a post about Pacsafe.com.
    I purchased a back pack that can be secured to any where in the room (or take to the beach) and has a steel cage inside and uncut-able straps so they can not cut it. They have a variety of sizes and prices to meet your needs. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast