Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cupidgirl21483

Thread: Does the Tam have a "dress code" at restaurants?

Does the Tam have a "dress code" at restaurants?

I know that Aruba is pretty much the most laid back place you could ever imagine & I am super excited for that ... but I have a question about attire for dinner (at the Tam).

My good friends just returned from their honeymoon in St. Lucia (Sandals) and were very surprised at how the majority of the restaurants on the resort required "resort chic" attire. To me that means looking kinda fancy to go to dinner.

Don't get me wrong, I love to get dressed up & look nice. But, I know it's going to be hot & I'm going to be on vacation. The last thing either of us will want to do is wear stuffy clothes to dinner.

I was wondering if the photos of clothing I attached are OK to wear to the a la carte restaurants at the Tam?

Thanks in advance!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Does the Tam have a "dress code" at restaurants?-mens-etnies-recon-cargo-shorts-khaki.jpg   Does the Tam have a "dress code" at restaurants?-mens-stripe-polo-shirt-myp0004-.jpg   Does the Tam have a "dress code" at restaurants?-on809604-09vliv01.jpg   Does the Tam have a "dress code" at restaurants?-on809604-11vliv01.jpg  

Perfect, fine, a okay for the ala carte restaurants and buffet! We have even seen men in t-shirts which is supposedly frowned upon, the collared shirts such as what you show, are more appropriate.

Daytime, buffet requires: shoes (sandals or flips flops are fine), shirts (t-shirts are fine) for men and cover ups for women. We have seen men asked to leave and return with a shirt.

Wonderful!! Thank you Lisa! I got worried when my girlfriend said she felt very, very under dressed in similar attire @ Sandals. (One more reason I'll never go to a Sandals!)

Quote Originally Posted by cupidgirl21483 View Post
    Wonderful!! Thank you Lisa! I got worried when my girlfriend said she felt very, very under dressed in similar attire @ Sandals. (One more reason I'll never go to a Sandals!)
    The Tamarijn is much more low key and laid back than Sandals The Tamarijn is only a 3 star resort, however it is an excellent value for the money. You would be hard pressed to find a better room location in proximity to the beach and ocean beyond, anywhere in the Caribbean than you find at the Tamarijn. It is very easy to wake up to this each morning.

Aruba since 1979
    we have seen men and boys at the breakfast and lunch buffet at the tamarijn, show up without shirts :-( they were denied seating!

I don't think my fiance (but then husband-yay!) will ever be shirtless! :-P