Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The downfall of Occidental Grand Aruba??

The downfall of Occidental Grand Aruba??

Since the economy crisis, there has been terrible reviews on the Occidental Grand. Has anyone else experienced this?? Bad food with sickness involved, lazy staff and sub par accomodations. I would love to hear from someone who has been there recently.

i was there recently and i did not have that experience...remember everyone has different thoughts about a place..and some people complain about the littlest thing...The hotel is beautiful..its more active then most hotels...i would recommend it!

Occidental

I think the food was better this yar than in previous years. The staff was just as wonderful as ever. The rooms are beautiful. I think its one of the best resort on the island.

OK, Thats 2 replys. Should that be good enough to feel comfortable about the place?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by joelcoqui View Post
    OK, Thats 2 replys. Should that be good enough to feel comfortable about the place?

you wont be disappointed with occidental....

Occidental

I rent out about 8 weeks a year at Occidental. Most of my tenants come back year after year. They love it. I love it too!

Ok, Ok. thanks. I just hope the food is good and there isnt mold or a stench in my room. Being from NY we are picky but sure know how to have a good time.

I'm actually staying at the Occidental for the first time. I'm there 6/16-6/21. I'll be sure to give a report.

The only bad hotel experience I had was my first trip to Aruba. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree. There was mold everywhere. I would not even classify it as a "resort." Food was not spectacular at all. I will never go back there.

room

Does anyone have a room recommendation in the deluxe category? One thats updated with no mold or holes in the walls?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by joelcoqui View Post
    Since the economy crisis, there has been terrible reviews on the Occidental Grand. Has anyone else experienced this?? Bad food with sickness involved, lazy staff and sub par accomodations. I would love to hear from someone who has been there recently.
    I haven't heard or read anything about this, not sure where you got your info. I have only heard good things about the OG. Try someplace else if you don't like what you've read.
    CIndy :}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast