Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dress code for dinner at Divi/Tamarijn

Dress code for dinner at Divi/Tamarijn

Hi, Is there a dress code for dinner at the Divi/Tamarijn restaurants? Can men wear nice shorts and a polo shirt or are pants required?

Yes- nice short and shirt at the ala carte restaurants. We also saw a lot of men this past trip just wearing t-shirts to dinner.

Buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner requires shoes and cover up.

Additional info Divi Resort Dress code

Aruba since 1979
    once while enjoying dinner at the paparazzi, we watched the manager ask a patron to remove his ball cap in the restaurant.

wearing a decent shirt and removing one's ball cap is not too much to ask while dining is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Yes- nice short and shirt at the ala carte restaurants. We also saw a lot of men this past trip just wearing t-shirts to dinner.

Buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner requires shoes and cover up.

Additional info Divi Resort Dress code

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    once while enjoying dinner at the paparazzi, we watched the manager ask a patron to remove his ball cap in the restaurant.
    I would have enjoyed SEEING IT.

wearing a decent shirt and removing one's ball cap is not too much to ask while dining is it?
    You are absolutely right.
    Wearing baseball caps to dinner here in Georgia is fairly common.
    The types of restaurants we are referring to, a t-shirt is acceptable, but imo, a ball cap indoors while eating is plain poor manners.

Aruba since 1979
    as you have said to me before
    "our mothers did a good job"

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I would have enjoyed SEEING IT.

You are absolutely right.
    Wearing baseball caps to dinner here in Georgia is fairly common.
    The types of restaurants we are referring to, a t-shirt is acceptable, but imo, a ball cap indoors while eating is plain poor manners.

I definitely agree that there should be no t-shirts/caps at dinner. That's not my style anyway so I should be okay. My main concern was about needing long pants. Sounds like I don't need them. That's a good thing. Nothing worse than having to wear long pants in the summer. Although a Jacket and tie would be even worse...

thanks!

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........

dress coe

To tell you the truth some men wear their hats religously, and let's face it we're not in church. My fiance says he ages wicked when he takes his hat off, and he has been at the Tam several times, not a problem.. Everyone knows him by name..

And thats what we love about the Tam, it's pretty easy going, besides we are on vacation.. And the chef wears a hat. If people are bothered by simple things, maybe they should go somewhere else.. Dont let the little things bother you..

Becky

Quote Originally Posted by BostonLager View Post
    Sounds like I don't need them.
    thanks!
    Definitely leave the long pants at home.

Quote Originally Posted by beckybnott View Post
    To tell you the truth some men wear their hats religously, and let's face it we're not in church. My fiance says he ages wicked when he takes his hat off, and he has been at the Tam several times, not a problem.. Everyone knows him by name..

And thats what we love about the Tam, it's pretty easy going, besides we are on vacation.. And the chef wears a hat. If people are bothered by simple things, maybe they should go somewhere else.. Dont let the little things bother you..

Becky
    You are right! It never bothers me to see people wearing hats in restaurants. I don't see the big deal with it. I know I said it's not my style but I will admit I have worn hats in restaurants before but 99% of the time I don't. Not a big deal to me. Some places require long pants or Jackets/ties etc... I say wear whatever you want!!! Life is too short to sweat the small stuff!!!

Boston, Check Windows on Aruba for a very nice dinner, by staying at the Divi or Tam you get a discount, ($30 per plate) Great food, Great view,Great sunset, Great Company. Enjoy your trip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast