Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Dress code @ Riu Palace

Palm Beach, Renaissance Island, Arikok National Park

Dress code @ Riu Palace

Just curious what the men/women dress code is for the a la carte restaurants at the Riu Palace?? I don't want to pack things that I don't need.
    Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    Riu. Long pants at the a la carte restaurants for men. Sun dresses or nice short sets for women
    OTE=dq1974;220698]Just curious what the men/women dress code is for the a la carte restaurants at the Riu Palace?? I don't want to pack things that I don't need.
    Thanks[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-07-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Palm Beach, Renaissance Island, Arikok National Park
    can sandals be worn of do I need to bring dress shoes??

Aruba since 1979
    For men sandals might be acceptable. How about docksiders or loafers?
    Sandals a definite yes for women. Flip flops for men a no i think .QUOTE=dq1974;220701]can sandals be worn of do I need to bring dress shoes??[/QUOTE]

When we're there I always wear long pants and flip flops. I think they just care that you aren't wearing shorts (if you're a guy). Women can absolutely wear sandals.

Just a follow-up question....the only place in ArubaI knew to require men to wear long slacks was Chez Mathilde, so I always boycotted them (couldn't understand why the rest of my family (wife, daughters) could basically wear what they wanted while I could not. BTW, they're out of business now.

Are slacks really a REQUIREMENT at the Riu, or just a recommendation?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    yes a requirement of long trousers at the riu a lacarte restaurants at riu palace.
    if i am not mistaken, the same at the occidental a lacarte
    (before the spelling police send me a pm, i admit i do not know the spelling )

our first time at chez mathilde, a tie was also required.
    that was way back when we stopped in aruba on a cruise and paul had a tie with him.

imo
    docker or bermuda shorts are a good choice for me in all of the restaurants and a sun dress, culottes/skort or a short set are appropriate wear for women.

QUOTE=rob o;220961]Just a follow-up question....the only place in ArubaI knew to require men to wear long slacks was Chez Mathilde, so I always boycotted them (couldn't understand why the rest of my family (wife, daughters) could basically wear what they wanted while I could not. BTW, they're out of business now.

Are slacks really a REQUIREMENT at the Riu, or just a recommendation?[/QUOTE]

http://www.riu.com/en/Paises/aruba/p...ia.jsp#section

"Formal dress is required for dinner (main restaurant: T Shirts with sleeves for gentlemen;theme restaurants [ala carte]: long trousers and T Shirts with sleeves for gentlemen)"

Occidental Grand Dress Code
    Quote Originally Posted by aaruck View Post
    I have emailed Occidental and got this response;
    'For dress long trousers/slack, collar shirt and closed shoes or dressed sandals are required for men. Casual sport,dressy shorts allowed no tank tops.'

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    imo
    docker or bermuda shorts are a good choice for men in all of the restaurants and a sun dress, culottes/skort or a short set are appropriate wear for women.
    Well....just another reason for me, (personally) to avoid the Riu!

Andrea....I agree with what you said was a good choice for men on the island. I wear dockers shorts on the airplane and pack only tee shirts, polo shirts, shorts, swimsuits, sandals and, of course, underwear in my suitcase.

IMO...I find it unfortunate that an establishment would allow women to wear shorts, but not men.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Damm, and here I was thinking a jockstrap and sandals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast