Aruba Beach

Thread: first time in Aurba at Riu

Smile first time in Aurba at Riu

Hi guys

we have just booked 2 weeks at the Riu for July 2010. Can't wait!! Fed up with freezing cold and wet London!

Is it worth trying to request a room with a sea view by emailing the hotel? I'm sure everyone does this? Or is it true that they decide upon arrival?

Either way - can't wait - great forum by the way - loads of useful advice so thank you in advance

cheers

jon

We actually stay at the property next door when we go to Aruba (just another 24 days until we arrive).

We did "TOUR" the Riu. In my opinion, if this is your first time, I would book the room with the "view", but how much time really are you going to spend in your room?

You are in a great area. We usually spend each evening at the Pier right on the beach. They have alot of live music, and it is just so relaxing.

The first year, we did the room with a view, but now we dont bother, because we only go to the room really when we are ready to sleep. Other than that we are out all the time~

Susan

Hey thanks Susan

You're absolutely right - I don't intend spending too much time other than sleeping ;-)

Can't wait to get there - July seems ages away - looking forward to checking out all the activities and sports!

cheers

jon