Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first timer to Aruba

first timer to Aruba

Hi Everyone

This will be our first time to Aruba, We usually go to Anguilla this will be our first year in 8 years that we will not be going and we thought that maybe we should try another Island and we heard so many wonderful things about Aruba that we said lets go
    We will be staying at the Tamarijan. I have read so many reviews about what room or Block we should stay in, we would love to be on the sandy beach, but do not want to be looking at the ships that bring in the cargo! that not what I call a romatic view.
    We are leaving on April 9-16. what do you think about the upper rooms to the lower level rooms?
    Any idea on how busyit will be ther at that time of year I know that
    it just before school vacation, hopefully we won't have to fight for chairs and shade
    So any helpful information would be so great.
    We are hoping to fall in love with Aruba!

Thank you all
    Shusun

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f22/tamarijn-opinions-please-36489/
    As long as you do not mind walking a short way to the lobby/restaurant area(s), you would more than likely prefer building 1100.

Tamarijn Map

Shusun, welcome to the forum and you will fall in love with Aruba not just the island is beautiful the people make it wonderful. I agree with Arubalisa the 1100 building you would like. He is very informative since he is been going for so long on the island.

Thank you so much for the information, would you mind a few more questions?

1- Which is better the upper or lower level for rooms?

2- Is it really busy there that week we are going? we are going
    Thursday april 9 to Thursday 16? just before school vacation?

I'm sure I'll have more questions but in the mean time we are very excited to get to Aruba, and thank you for the warm welcome...

shusun

Quote Originally Posted by shusun View Post
    1- Which is better the upper or lower level for rooms?
    Personal preference. Some enjoy a view from the upper floor and feel more secure.

We like being able to walk right out of our room and onto the beach. The sliders all have security bars and security walks around each evening making sure they are closed.

2- Is it really busy there that week we are going? we are going Thursday april 9 to Thursday 16? just before school vacation?
    I would think it will be pretty busy. BUT wouldn't worry about it. We were there during the busiest week of the year and you would have never known the resort was sold out.

EAGLE & PALM BEACH ORANJESTAD PADDOCK - MADAME JEANETTE SOLE MARE KUKKO KUNUKOO
    Definitely the bottom level. Cannot say enough about having sliding doors going out to the beach. We too were there last year with a group of 35 adults and children 'during' the holiday week. Not overly crowded at all, just be sure to make dinner reservations early if ou are looking to hit the restaurants as opposed to the buffet. Did not have to fight for a hut at all, although that could have been due to the possy we were with.

Thank you all so much for the helpful information
    Shusun

Sorry, I forgot to ask how are the bugs at night???
    or are we ok??

I've never been there at that time of year and I'm not sure if the time of year ("rainy" season or not) has anything to do with how many bugs are around. But, I always get eaten alive by some sort of mosquito/bug. It's a different type of bite than I get in the states though. The good news is that my husband never has a problem so it might just be me!! Now, I always bring insect repellent and that seems to work wonders!

April is not the rainy season so bugs should not be a problem. HOWEVER , I always pack a travel size can of OFF! just to be safe. I know that one time I don't bring it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast