Aruba Beach

Thread: to go or not to go

to go or not to go

thinking about holiday in sunspree for xmas and new years. Been to the one in Jamaica several times, any comparasin?
    What is the teen situation there? American and Canadian ratio high vs European?

Anyone concerned about the way the gov't treated the situation regarding Natalie Hollaway? I've pretty much refused to give my money to a place that treated an American mom so rudely. Should I be reconsidering, lots of other places to visit in the world and I've not run out of them yet.

Kind of disturbing that I can't find any threads on this situation.

Just wondering,when you were in Jamaica did you leave the resort?Aruba has no fences to keep crime out of there properties.Yes Aruba is safe and the people are friendly.Go to Aruba and feel the love..

Aruba since 1979
    try aruba
    you will most likely fall in love with the place

although not as green and tropical as jamaica it is much safer

folks are encouraged to leave the resorts in aruba

holiday inn is not top notch but is very very adequate
    the hi rise area is very lively and sometimes congested
    the beach at the high rise area is palm beach and is lovely

give aruba the benefit of the doubt
    you will be glad you did

the holloway threads have been locked on this and other bulletin boards as they got ugly and ridiculous

if you search back you will find the "official" thread on this site
    but no longer is posting allowed

again, give aruba a chance

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by BATCHEVA View Post
    thinking about holiday in sunspree for xmas and new years. Been to the one in Jamaica several times, any comparasin?
    What is the teen situation there? American and Canadian ratio high vs European?

Anyone concerned about the way the gov't treated the situation regarding Natalie Hollaway? I've pretty much refused to give my money to a place that treated an American mom so rudely. Should I be reconsidering, lots of other places to visit in the world and I've not run out of them yet.

The Holiday Inn is "the holiday inn" There are a lot of Canadians and Americans at the hotel. The have done renovations there recently but "it is what it is".

However, what caught my eye more than anything were your words about the Holloway case. First let me ask you, when you visit Jamaica, do you feel safe to walk the streets? Having been to Jamaica, I know my answer! Bad things happen there all the time but because there is so much crime there, we don't hear about it.
    Remember, there are always two sides to every story! If you speak with many of the local people in Aruba and follow the story closely, you will realize that the Arubian people were very welcoming and tried to be very helpful to this family. People's hearts went out to them and they tried to help them. Did you know that the government allowed all of their workers to help in her search and they were all paid their wages? Please don't rush to judge!! What has happened to this family is unbelievably tragic and everyone who has children were/are just sick about the entire thing. Please don't say that the way the mother was treated was awful as there are many layers to that answer.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

In regards to Holloway, you must not have looked very hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by BATCHEVA View Post
    In regards to Holloway, you certainly must not have looked very hard. Right up at the top of the page is an EXCELLENT search feature.

User CPGallery FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

From the first THREE pages of my search:

Natalee Holloway Only Thread
    Natalee Holloway
    The disappearance of Natalee Holloway
    Im going to Aruba now for SPITE!!!!
    Alabama politicians.
    Im sorry for the loss....But
    Natalee Holloway Only Thread
    No one is trying to hurt aruba!!!!!
    Safety an issue in aruba?

Safety in Jamaica

safety

Don't go! If you need to be convinced that Aruba is one of the friendlist, safest countries in the world, due to ONE incident, Go somewhere else. I don't feel as safe in the states as I do in Aruba.

The people are wonderful and did everything they could to help find that girl. Yes, its a tragedy, but it happens every day in the states. A smart girl makes a bad decision and the consequences are horiffic. I feel terrible for her family, but are you boycotting New York City or some other US city because you didn't like the way the police department handled a crime. We usually don't even know it happened, its such a sad fact that its a weekly if not daily occurance.

I'm in Aruba now, go for 6 weeks every year, and just came back from a long walk from one end of the high rise section to Eagle beach and back. I walked along a beautiful stretch of beach where there is no one, at 8am. I felt very safe. If I were in Jamaica or the DR they wouldn't have let me leave the resort.

Aruba since 1979
    me thinks this is one of those topics that should be closed now.
    andrea