Aruba Beach
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Hard Rock Hotel

Gonna pick a nit or two here....
    I think the Eagle section of the beach is actually north of Druif Beach (across from the Chalet Suisse), not the area where the Bushiri ruins are.
    Are we still talking about the Hard Rock being built south of the Tamarijn, where the Bushiri still is?

And regarding the "trying to be a low-rise on that land has been tried and failed; more than once if my memory serves....", on asking a repeat traveller with over 20 years, when was this location ever anything other than a low-rise?

Yes indeed, it is an extension of the portlands, but I don't think it will ever be developed to the point where the big ships are going to want to come in and port and unload there. And, likely way too far for the prospective Rehab at the Hard Rock customers to travel downtown.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Aruba since 1979
    yes the section is south of the tamarijn.......where the old "busihiri resort" is located.
    the section of that area in aruba is considered the "eagle area" (not eagle beach) sorry i was not clear in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    Gonna pick a nit or two here....
    I think the Eagle section of the beach is actually north of Druif Beach (across from the Chalet Suisse), not the area where the Bushiri ruins are.
    Are we still talking about the Hard Rock being built south of the Tamarijn, where the Bushiri still is?

And regarding the "trying to be a low-rise on that land has been tried and failed; more than once if my memory serves....", on asking a repeat traveller with over 20 years, when was this location ever anything other than a low-rise?

Yes indeed, it is an extension of the portlands, but I don't think it will ever be developed to the point where the big ships are going to want to come in and port and unload there. And, likely way too far for the prospective Rehab at the Hard Rock customers to travel downtown.

I have to be honest, that strip of land is so far south, not really sure it would truly be considered part of Druif Beach. Wasn't the beach at the Bushiri man-made???

I too am of the opinion that anything is better than what is there now. If it is going to take a name like HARD ROCK to make the piece of land useful to the point that folks will want to vacation next to the harbor and a bunch of containers, I am all for it. If you look at their resort in the DR, this one will be small in comparison but offer enough diversions that the harbor should not be a deterrent. JMHO.

How many jobs will it bring to the island?

Is there any evidence the island needs jobs? From what I read the island cannot handle the influx of workers and the infrastructure that is needed to support the building of these resorts. But since I stay at the Surf Club I am not familiar with the area. I hate that a aruba is so built up from when I first came 11 years ago but I totally agree that anything is better than something rundown. I just wish they would stop building on new land.
    Jen
    Owner 2 weeks Marriott Surf ClubNov 02, Jul 06, Jul 08, Oct 09, back in Aug 11
    Mom to DS Dec 06 and DD Dec 08

Aruba since 1979
    There is some unemployment and with the refinery laying off many there is a need those affected.
    But will refinery workers switch careers and move into hospitality/tourism industry?
    Lots of construction workers/laborers are brought in from other countries to handle construction.
    Many hotel / resort employees are brought in from other countries .
    Aruba is a prime example of a melting pot of many people from many countries.

The Ritz is a prime example as is the Marriott Surf , Divi Phoenix, and the Riu of huge properties built on pristine land....especially the Ritz. But apparently there is a need as tourism is growing significantly.

Whether we as tourists agree of the building or what many tourists and residents see as overbuilding is always debatable. The Aruban government officials, apparently listen to their constituents and move forward with development as cautiously and carefully as they can.

I do hope that someday soon there will be definitive plans underway for the old bushiri........a gem in its heyday.

I also trust that the government officials, works hard for the betterment of all of the people including much infrastructure, green energy and education......as well as tourism.

P
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejen22 View Post
    Is there any evidence the island needs jobs? From what I read the island cannot handle the influx of workers and the infrastructure that is needed to support the building of these resorts. But since I stay at the Surf Club I am not familiar with the area. I hate that a aruba is so built up from when I first came 11 years ago but I totally agree that anything is better than something rundown. I just wish they would stop building on new land.

Everything is relative; I long for the days before the Surf Cub was built.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

I thought I would share this.....

http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=38237

Aruba since 1979
    http://issuu.com/themorningnews/docs...648008/7709853
    page 3
    Hard Rock is a'comin!

imo, it is time for the poor abandoned Bushiri to be demolished………….the Bushiri was wonderful and it is sad that it is gone.
    maybe the HR will be a wonderful replacement?!

Any one know when demolition starts?
    12th VISIT APRIL 2017 ******TRULEY IN LOVE WITH ARUBA!!!*****

Demolition hadn't started as of last month, and from the usual timeline that many of us have become accustomed to, I don't expect any manner of change when I get back to the island in two weeks.
    Nothing, or that should be
    NOTHING happens quickly on the island.
    No matter how much money may be involved.
    Maybe
    money doesn't make the world go round after all....
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast