Aruba Beach
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Hard Rock Hotel

The ARTICLE stated that the necessary paperwork, financing are in place already and the remaining tax payment and transfers should be ready within 10 days. First step is demolition.

Aruba since 1979
    we'll be on island at week's end.
    if i see anything of interest when we pass by , i will report in.

Can't wait to see this happen! I'm hoping it will be awesome!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

As much as I can appreciate your enthusiasm, I have to guess you don't stay at the Tamarijn or in the low-rise area.
    It doesn't sound as much fun for those of us that do.
    There's a reason some of us don't stay in the high-rise area.... because we kinda like the way things are, where we are.

Peaceful... tranquil.

And frankly, bringing the Hard Rock and the more-than-likely typical clientele that the Hard Rock brings in is going to create some "changes" in the area.
    I don't know if you're familiar with the way the main strip downtown used to be years ago, when Carlos 'n Charlies was in full swing,
    but I'm not too impressed with the idea of that kind of insanity being, shall I say it, right next door.
    Yes, I do know how that sounds, very NIMBY of me, and yes, I suppose I am looking at the reputation of the Hard Rock, and considering Aruba has been voted "One of the Top 5 Party Islands in the Caribbean", though I'm not sure where they got that or what the source is, it makes me wonder what we'll have to put up with in the future.

Why do we go to Aruba repeatedly?
    Peaceful... tranquil.
    We (the Lady and I) do, and have done the party party party thing til the cows came home, been there, done that, and still have to do it on a daily basis...
    and that's why we go to Aruba.
    For the Peace and tranquility.

They should build the Hard Rock
    by the high rises....
    By all means remove the detritus that is the Bushiri, but put the Hard Rock where it belongs and would serve the best purpose.
    Where the activity and craziness (good craziness) is.

Just one loyal visitor's opinion...

Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

I agreed with Mr. Ratt. Something needs to be done with that plot, however a Hard Rock doesn't fit with the low rise. We stay at the Divi for the same reasons. Another consideration - does Aruba need another mega hotel? I think I've read that the new Ritz hasn't been filling up? I hope they don't start it and then abandon that too? I think a nice low rise would be much better!

Thanks, yes i am concerned about the effects on the Tamarijn too! i hope it doesn't change the feel of the tam - we like it quite and relaxing, this is why we choose to stay in the low-rise area. I'm surprise it was approved as it looks like it belongs in the high rise area to me??
    12th VISIT APRIL 2017 ******TRULEY IN LOVE WITH ARUBA!!!*****

All those who have expressed opposition to the Hard Rock must remember that it is their island not ours and they can put whatever they please there. In my mind it is better than a dilapidated eyesore. Also, the percieved negatives are never as negative as feared and pretty soon the Hard Rock will just become part of the scenery. I have seen many projects in many places decried as the destruction of a community and guess what? The community survived and the "horror" came to be accepted.

...it is their island not ours and they can put whatever they please there.
    Something that all too many of us, that have spent numerous vacations on the island, seem to fail to remember.
    After all, we do know what's best for what's not ours, right?
    Good point Doug....
    As for the perceived negatives regarding the Hard Rock Hotel's clientele... I guess it's just a case of wait and see.
    I personally can't wait for drunken teenagers wandering onto the Tamarijn property from down the beach, howling "Dude!!!".
    Oh boy!
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    As much as I can appreciate your enthusiasm, I have to guess you don't stay at the Tamarijn or in the low-rise area.
    It doesn't sound as much fun for those of us that do.
    There's a reason some of us don't stay in the high-rise area.... because we kinda like the way things are, where we are.

Peaceful... tranquil.

I do happen to stay in the low rise area, my personal preference as I travel with my family and thoroughly enjoy the peace & tranquility and understand your opinion. However, I believe that there is a positive in all things. Some you have to look a little closer to find, some are obvious. I enjoy working to find the positive
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    i am confused as to what is meant by "the clientele"?
    would hard rock clientele be different than hayatt, radisson, renaissance, marriott etc... clientele?

paul and i have been in a couple of HRH/C , in Tampa and Biloxi…….staying and playing, and the clientele aka guests, were tourists/residents.

the hard rock will not be a low priced, budget hotel. it will be upscale.

imo i envision the same clients/guests at the HR as there would be at the resorts that I mentioned in my 2nd sentence.

i also think that by spiffing up that container area and the area where the bushiri now sits being demolished by neglect, will enhance the values of the neighborhood and also create a more pleasant view for those at the Tam.

not to mention the jobs it will create.

and i agree too with Doug.
    aruba is not our home and these matters are in the hands of aruba residents and their representatives.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast