Aruba Beach
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 145
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Hard Rock Hotel

  1. #131
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Entertaining thread. For sure we can all voice our opinions but we are not residents.

    Why is it that Aruba is not flooded with college students on spring break? For starters before they even get there and have to worry about accommodations, they have to be able to afford the airfare! Hasn't happened yet...

    The cheapest room at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino All Inclusive Punta Cana is $479 a night in June- low season. The cheapest room still available Christmas week is $1,174. 6 out of 8 room categories are already sold out. Looks like at that time of year their least expensive room was about $945 a night.

    Do you think the folks at the Hard Rock at Christmas will be worried about the perceived negatives of the Tamarijn clientele who are "slumming it" at $740 a night intruding upon the Hard Rock?

  2. #132
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,889
    Maybe you need to post a new thread in off topic about parental discipline?
    Those young'uns that you mentioned cannot afford the HR or even the Tam maybe .
    i think lisa hit it on the nose with her most recent posting.

    Also too IMO none of us need to be judged on our dress or looks.

    But it we can surely discuss this in off topic. Parental discipline and droopy draws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    Hmmm. Interesting how everyone seems to have gone down the "hippie" route.
    The one group of people I hadn't even considered when I mentioined the clientele.
    No, I'm talking about the young gents that don't seem to have waistbands in their pants, considering the top of the pants are
    worn down below the butt.... you know the group I'm talking about. The grandkids of the hippies.
    The ones whose parents haven't realized that discipline actually works.
    The Justin generation.
    Now you know what I mean...

    Attachment 2993

    Yes, Joe and Mimi, life IS good.

  3. #133
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    Quote:

    frankly, bringing the Hard Rock and the more-than-likely typical clientele that the Hard Rock brings in is going to create some "changes" in the area.
    I don't know if you're familiar with the way the main strip downtown used to be years ago, when Carlos 'n Charlies was in full swing,
    but I'm not too impressed with the idea of that kind of insanity being, shall I say it, right next door.
    Yes, I do know how that sounds, very NIMBY of me, and yes, I suppose I am looking at the reputation of the Hard Rock, and considering Aruba has been voted "One of the Top 5 Party Islands in the Caribbean", though I'm not sure where they got that or what the source is, it makes me wonder what we'll have to put up with in the future.
    Mr.ratt


    Im my honest opinion all the changes are great for island. Jobs for the island , cleaning up area. I don't know that I agree with the party island thing. What college kid can afford the island... Not mine! Their days are numbered visiting unless it's on dad's dime.

  4. #134
    Senior Member AUA1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, any beach
    Posts
    743
    The bottom line for me is that the Hard Rock doesn't seem very "islandy". They don't portray the laid-back, relaxing image that I see in my mind. I've been to them, I love rock music (hubby has a hobby playing in a rock band) but I prefer the peaceful, quiet, relaxing Aruban atmosphere I'm use to. I do agree that it is being built in the wrong place. But, was there ever an island proclamation that the low-rise area will remain the low-rise area and high-rise area will remain the high-rise area? Or, did we just hope that would be the case.

    Glad that area will be cleaned up though!!

  5. #135
    Member Doug R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Quote:

    frankly, bringing the Hard Rock and the more-than-likely typical clientele that the Hard Rock brings in is going to create some "changes" in the area.
    I don't know if you're familiar with the way the main strip downtown used to be years ago, when Carlos 'n Charlies was in full swing,
    but I'm not too impressed with the idea of that kind of insanity being, shall I say it, right next door.
    Yes, I do know how that sounds, very NIMBY of me, and yes, I suppose I am looking at the reputation of the Hard Rock, and considering Aruba has been voted "One of the Top 5 Party Islands in the Caribbean", though I'm not sure where they got that or what the source is, it makes me wonder what we'll have to put up with in the future.
    Mr.ratt


    Im my honest opinion all the changes are great for island. Jobs for the island , cleaning up area. I don't know that I agree with the party island thing. What college kid can afford the island... Not mine! Their days are numbered visiting unless it's on dad's dime.
    I have to ask where this reputation conception (good name for a Big Bang Theory episode ) comes from. Hard Rock is not Carlos and Charlies or Senior Frogs or even a hip hop joint with bottle service. There is no wait staff there pouring alcohol down drunken revelers throats with funnels. If your perception of Hard Rock is stuck in the 60s, it is time to upload a software update.

  6. #136
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,889
    Yesterday we drove by and there were a few men Wearing hard hats walking around the property. There is a huge fence /wall up blocking most of the property'

    if demolition starts while we are here we will take a few photos and post.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 05-13-2014 at 12:51 PM.

  7. #137
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    Posts
    2,751
    I have to agree. The perception of out of control clientele is off base. My wife and I (only out of control some of the time) enjoy going to HRC on the island for a few drinks, good music, and to look at the artifacts. I have the t-shirt that has a divi tree shaped like a guitar and get compliments on it all the time. We were at C&C one night and watched a young man return all that he had to drink that night on that beautiful copper topped bar they had. Of course no one wanted to clean it up, so after wiping away the larger chunks, the bartender poured Bacardi 151 on the bar and lit it to sanitize the bar I guess. I have an awesome picture of it somewhere. But I've never seen such action at the Hard Rock on Aruba or anywhere here in the States, Hawaii, Guam, Yokohama, Fukuoka or anywhere else.

  8. #138
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,889
    Yuk.
    C&C was an interesting place indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I have to agree. The perception of out of control clientele is off base. My wife and I (only out of control some of the time) enjoy going to HRC on the island for a few drinks, good music, and to look at the artifacts. I have the t-shirt that has a divi tree shaped like a guitar and get compliments on it all the time. We were at C&C one night and watched a young man return all that he had to drink that night on that beautiful copper topped bar they had. Of course no one wanted to clean it up, so after wiping away the larger chunks, the bartender poured Bacardi 151 on the bar and lit it to sanitize the bar I guess. I have an awesome picture of it somewhere. But I've never seen such action at the Hard Rock on Aruba or anywhere here in the States, Hawaii, Guam, Yokohama, Fukuoka or anywhere else.

  9. #139
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    Posts
    2,751
    Sorry, shouldn't have posted that during lunch hour!

  10. #140
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Yesterday we drove by and there were a few men Wearing hard hats walking around the property. There is a huge fence /wall up blocking most of the property'

    if demolition starts while we are here we will take a few photos and post.
    I for one think that is great news! Cannot wait to see what the waterslide and swim up suites will look like.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO