Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 145
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Hard Rock Hotel

  1. #61
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    I asked a few folks while we were on the island during our past trip about the status of the project and no one seemed to know. There was no demolition going on that was for sure.

  2. #62
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I asked a few folks while we were on the island during our past trip about the status of the project and no one seemed to know. There was no demolition going on that was for sure.
    Funny..... I didn't notice any in early July either. What is going on with this project.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    On 04-16-2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    A friend who is on island dropped me this note re: HRH+C.

    Hey Andrea- update on the news tonite for HRC &C- they put up the guarantee and have three months to start demo or they lose the money. Should be done by 2014. 7 stories and 310 rooms plus casino and they will make the beach between the Tam and HRC into a pretty public beach to boot. Hope it makes up for losing Valero.
    Any progress? Three months from May 1, demo should have started already no?

    When we departed the island on July 19 there was nothing going on at the abandoned Bushiri.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 09-05-2012 at 08:47 PM.

  4. #64
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,885
    no clue :-(

  5. #65
    Senior Member hockeymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    437
    I'm glad nothing has happened - and hope nothing will - at least on the scale they were speaking. This is the low rise area. Why can't someone build a hotel in keeping with the area. Although many stated they were happy something was going into that space, as was I, I just hated to see that monstrosity going in that space. Guess we'll see what happens....

  6. #66
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,889
    We gotta stop telling people how much we love Aruba.... it creates too much demand! More people wanna experience Aruba.... so.... more rooms are needed. Maybe we should tell everyone we hate the island so no newbies go and we can have it just for us with no need for new rooms!

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Posts
    231
    Good morning everybody,

    I have read and re-read this thread but have not commented on it till now.

    Hockeymom is absolutely right. Would it not be possible to simply demolish the old Bushiri, clean up the site and the beach in front of it and leave it at that? A moot point now, I guess.

    A few questions. First, is the casino absolutely integral to the project as a whole? Take away the casino and the requirement for a minimum of 250 rooms disappears, doesn't it?

    Without the requirement for a 250-room minimum, the project, if there must be one, could be scaled back to fit in more with low-rise district.

    Second, if the casino was eliminated from the project, would Hardrock still be interested in developing and running this new resort. My guess would be no, and the Bushiri would remain an decaying eyesore.

    Third question; how many casinos are there in Aruba right now? Supplementary question, how many are enough?

    Just my thoughts,



    Glenn

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    216
    Anything built will be better that what is there now. It comes down to one thing..$money$. The bigger the place the higher the revenue. I would bet that many owners in the low rise area would change their place to a high rise in a minute if they had a chance. I would not expect to c many new low rise buildings built anywhere.

    I would not be surprised to one day see a beautiful place like the divi ai torn down and rebuilt with a high rise. I don't want that at all.

    The good news in addition to jobs etc, is the new ritz and hardroc should help keep prices down and maybe increase flights to aua.

    If you build it, they will come

  9. #69
    Senior Member Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Any beach, party, bar or Casino!!!!!!
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    We gotta stop telling people how much we love Aruba.... it creates too much demand! More people wanna experience Aruba.... so.... more rooms are needed. Maybe we should tell everyone we hate the island so no newbies go and we can have it just for us with no need for new rooms!
    Wish I could double like!

  10. #70
    Senior Member Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Any beach, party, bar or Casino!!!!!!
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by mjl60621 View Post
    Anything built will be better that what is there now. It comes down to one thing..$money$. The bigger the place the higher the revenue. I would bet that many owners in the low rise area would change their place to a high rise in a minute if they had a chance. I would not expect to c many new low rise buildings built anywhere.

    I would not be surprised to one day see a beautiful place like the divi ai torn down and rebuilt with a high rise. I don't want that at all.

    The good news in addition to jobs etc, is the new ritz and hardroc should help keep prices down and maybe increase flights to aua.

    If you build it, they will come
    Hello mike and welcome!!!!
    This low rise owner will never change to high rise!!!! Like the kids say, kno wt u r up 2

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO